What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatsapp for ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I want to use whatsapp on my jailbroken ipad 3 running ios 7.0.4. I have gone through all the posts in the forum regarding this but no luck. I want to use whatsapp using whatspad but doesn't seem to work :( . Anybody able to get it work on their ipad please help!!!!! Thanks a lot for help in advance :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'd first have to get a copy of the WhatsApp ipa by first downloading it through the iTunes AppStore, then installing it using IPA Installer from Cydia. Install WhatsPad from Cydia, and go through the usual procedures of activating WhatsApp using a phone number or a VoIP number such as Google Voice.

mradamfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'd first have to get a copy of the WhatsApp ipa by first downloading it through the iTunes AppStore, then installing it using IPA Installer from Cydia. Install WhatsPad from Cydia, and go through the usual procedures of activating WhatsApp using a phone number or a VoIP number such as Google Voice.

Dead on accurate and functional.

rocketi05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not working for me, when I try to install it using the IPA Installer it says "Your device does not support telephony capability" and I have install Whatspad. o_O
I did that using Whatsapp 2.11.7, I'm not sure if that that is the reason or perhaps Whatspad doesn't work on 7.0.4 but the guy above leads me to believe that thats not the case either.

Help would be appreciated :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's not working for me, when I try to install it using the IPA Installer it says "Your device does not support telephony capability" and I have install Whatspad. o_O
I did that using Whatsapp 2.11.7, I'm not sure if that that is the reason or perhaps Whatspad doesn't work on 7.0.4 but the guy above leads me to believe that thats not the case either.

Help would be appreciated :)

Install it via iFunBox if that's the case.

OP
G

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uninstall whatsapp and whatspad. Then first install whatsapp then install whatspad. If this does not work try the opposite. But whatspad does work on ios 7.0.3. It works for me now no issues.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Uninstall whatsapp and whatspad. Then first install whatsapp then install whatspad. If this does not work try the opposite. But whatspad does work on ios 7.0.3. It works for me now no issues.

The issue the user's having is that IPA installer is performing a hardware check for com.apple.uitelephony prior to installing it. I haven't encountered the issue but using iFunBox will "force" install it

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

OP
G

gautamyadla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed mine via IPA installer. But iFunbox is still worth a try.

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys,,im using ipad2 wifi running ios 7.0.4.. when i install whatsapp it asks for apple id and password but when i enter it..whatsapp automatically closes..please help..

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hi guys,,im using ipad2 wifi running ios 7.0.4.. when i install whatsapp it asks for apple id and password but when i enter it..whatsapp automatically closes..please help..

Download WhatsApp using iTunes. Downloading an app through any other methods or sources will result in the same issue. And if your device is not jailbroken, the app is unusable without WhatsPad.

Liberlike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whatsapp for iPad mini retina

I just got my iPad latest mini retina direct from iStore. Its not jailbroken.
Would some one explain to me step by step how to install whatsapp?
Somewhere in the procedure it seems that I am making a mistake!
Thanks and love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts