What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatsapp on ipad air 2

pankajshinde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad air 2. Before buying it I didn't know that whatsapp is not available for iPad. So it made me very upset. Is there any working trick to run whatsapp on iPad air 2. I have updated it to 8.1.2. Please help...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have iPad air 2. Before buying it I didn't know that whatsapp is not available for iPad. So it made me very upset. Is there any working trick to run whatsapp on iPad air 2. I have updated it to 8.1.2. Please help...
WhatsApp has always been an iPhone only app. There's no way to add WhatsApp to a stock iPad. You would have to be willing to jailbreak your iPad to install a jailbroken version of WhatsApp.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you're careful to only download jailbroken tweaks and apps from reputable repos there shouldn't be much risk of problems. Of course, Apple considers that your warranty may be voided if you need warranty service for a jailbroken iPad. The solution is to remove the jailbreak before taking the iPad in for service.

Also, as you're talking about Jailbreaking your iPad, I've moved this thread to the iPad Hacking Forum where it will receive more attention.

OP
P

pankajshinde

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you're careful to only download jailbroken tweaks and apps from reputable repos there shouldn't be much risk of problems. Of course, Apple considers that your warranty may be voided if you need warranty service for a jailbroken iPad. The solution is to remove the jailbreak before taking the iPad in for service.

Also, as you're talking about Jailbreaking your iPad, I've moved this thread to the iPad Hacking Forum where it will receive more attention.
Ok..thnk you...necessary steps before jailbreaking...?
And cons of jailbreaking...? I mean are there any features those won't be available after jailbreaking....?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok..thnk you...necessary steps before jailbreaking...?
And cons of jailbreaking...? I mean are there any features those won't be available after jailbreaking....?

Jailbreaking enhances the stock capabilities of iOS and does not detract from it. The stigma that jailbreaking has is that it opens up the availability of accessing your device using SSH/FTP openly, but the security can be beefed by changing your SSH password, or toggling SSH when not in use. In some cases depending on what you're doing, it can yield instability, usually caused by
  1. Pirating
  2. Installing outdated tweaks/packages
  3. Installing conflicting tweaks
  4. Forcing certain code to run despite the lack of compatibility
If you're a simple user, then these won't be an issue for you as long as you don't assume the position that you need to delete "junk files" to get back more storage capacity.

Most reactions

Latest posts