What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the last movie you saw?

ZombieKitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dr. Robert said:
It is the first movie my wife and I went to see together (on a double-bill with Fellowship of the Ring).

The boy was Kevin Arnold in 'The Wonder Years' television program, from the late 80s-early 90s.

What?! You got to see The Princess Bride AND the Fellowship of the Ring? Wow, now that is an awesome pair! :)

Dr. Robert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What?! You got to see The Princess Bride AND the Fellowship of the Ring? Wow, now that is an awesome pair! :)

Yeah, it was! It was at a repertory cinema that always had (or still has, I don't know) double bills. With the length of LotR, though, our bums were hurting a bit.... :eek:

The guy who plays Vizzini was also the Grand Negus in Deep Space Nine.

Yes, I am a geek..... ;)

ZombieKitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dr. Robert said:
Yeah, it was! It was at a repertory cinema that always had (or still has, I don't know) double bills. With the length of LotR, though, our bums were hurting a bit.... :eek:

The guy who plays Vizzini was also the Grand Negus in Deep Space Nine.

Yes, I am a geek..... ;)

Lol no break for intermission? I recently wanted to see Nightmare before Christmas and Frankenweenie as a double bill, but it was too late for me. I used to laugh at my parents sleeping through movies, but it happens to me now and it's not funny!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been rewatching episodes of Upstairs, Downstairs on Netflix. I like to watch with subtitles for places where I can't make out poor enunciation, or UK- or era-specific references with which I'm unfamiliar. The subtitles can be entertaining. At one point, they say someone is talking in a British accent. Like no kidding, but that got me thinking how funny it'd be if they dubbed everything over in a New Jersey accent.

ZombieKitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I've been rewatching episodes of Upstairs, Downstairs on Netflix. I like to watch with subtitles for places where I can't make out poor enunciation, or UK- or era-specific references with which I'm unfamiliar. The subtitles can be entertaining. At one point, they say someone is talking in a British accent. Like no kidding, but that got me thinking how funny it'd be if they dubbed everything over in a New Jersey accent.

I loved upstairs downstairs! Have you seen the grand hotel or downton abbey? Both are very good British period pieces. Innit? Lol :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loved upstairs downstairs! Have you seen the grand hotel or downton abbey? Both are very good British period pieces. Innit? Lol :)

Yes, thanks. I've seen both, and liked them. I especially like Downton, and can't wait to see new episodes.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A SERBIAN FILM yep thats the title and banned on several euro countries already but i don't recommend it unless you enjoy SAW series then you got to watch this and perfect for helloween fest too....
also i watched LE MOINE the monk and the actress is the most beautiful i ever see even surpass most of hollywood actresses, good acting too and surprise ending unless if you read it from wikipedia before watch it :thumbs:

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one familiar with Jean Pierre Melville the French movie maker. He passed away many years ago, but his films are great, Le Circle Rouge and Le Samourai are highly recommended

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is that the samurai film in The Bodyguard that he takes Whitney Houston to?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed one of my favourite singers of all time. Michael Jackson too. Sigh. All the good ones die young

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Agreed one of my favourite singers of all time. Michael Jackson too. Sigh. All the good ones die young

So true!
Michael jackson was a legend! Why couldnt they save him?!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
His doctor? It all comes down to money. It always does. He surrounded himself with sycophants. Creeps in your world? He wouldn't have been able to do those concerts. He was too weak.

Most reactions