What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What orentation do you use the most? Landscape or portriat?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think you will find you can. It is basically turning the iPad upside down. The camera lens will always be on the opposite side whichever way you set your iPad.

It's not the side at issue, but top-versus-bottom. When I take landscape photos, the iPad rests on its lower corners in my palms, with my fingers supporting its back. My left thumb holds it steady while my right thumb triggers the shutter. Upside down, the camera sees nothing but skin!

I'm left-handed, BTW.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Reaction score
Landscape, unless using iPhone app or portrait orientation pictures, with the home button to the left

Me too!

I get frustrated with my iP5 because I landscape. Why I can't use it every time my keyboard comes up is a mystery to me. All developers should keep that in mind. You know...just for me.

Sent from me

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Landscape even on other mobile devices I use landscape. I feel I can view better in that mode than portrait.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Almost always landscape. I have a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard case and prefer to use it in landscape. I read landscape also when I unhook the Ipad from case and use in hand. I've done that since Ipad 1 so almost 3 years. I prefer to read that way, like forums better that way, definitely the majority of photos.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just want to know how many people use their iPad in landscape mode vs. portrait mode?

I mainly like the landscape mode bigger keyboard easier to hold!

Sent from my AT&T iPad Mini 16gb

I note you are using a mini which may explain why you prefer the larger keyboard in landscape.

I don't mind which orientation I use. The app in use or the photo format tends to dictate things.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
laserguy007

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I note you are using a mini which may explain why you prefer the larger keyboard in landscape.

I don't mind which orientation I use. The app in use or the photo format tends to dictate things.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Even when I had my 64gb iPad 2 I still used the landscape mode. Just larger keyboard and I also used the split keyboard option!

Sent from my AT&T iPad Mini 16gb

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Landscape: Also because of the larger keys but also because of my iPad case: It doesn't rest flat on a surface but at an angle when folded back.

Most reactions