What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installing an iPhone keyboard onto the iPad; ie, moving the delete key

Cash68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve had an iPhone since about 2008 and in the 4 years, I’ve become pretty decent at typing with my thumbs. I recently got an iPad, but I find typing extremely frustrating. I’ve tried traditional typing in landscape mode (ugh), thumb typing via split keyboard in landscape (better) and the thumb typing in portrait keyboard.

However, what keeps COMPLETELY messing me up is that the delete key moved! It used to be next to the M-key, for FOUR YEARS of my iOS experience… and now because it’s a slightly larger device, it’s in a completely differnet location. Is there a way to fix this? Right now it’s great for dicking around but I am absolutely terrible at writing because of this, and I don’t want to attempt to make my brain remember two 99% identical thumb keyboards; I’m sure I’ll just sort of be terrible at both. I know you can install custom keyboards, so I was hoping there was one out there that duplicates the iPhone keyboard, on the iPad.

Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cash68 said:
Hey guys, I’ve had an iPhone since about 2008 and in the 4 years, I’ve become pretty decent at typing with my thumbs. I recently got an iPad, but I find typing extremely frustrating. I’ve tried traditional typing in landscape mode (ugh), thumb typing via split keyboard in landscape (better) and the thumb typing in portrait keyboard.

However, what keeps COMPLETELY messing me up is that the delete key moved! It used to be next to the M-key, for FOUR YEARS of my iOS experience… and now because it’s a slightly larger device, it’s in a completely differnet location. Is there a way to fix this? Right now it’s great for dicking around but I am absolutely terrible at writing because of this, and I don’t want to attempt to make my brain remember two 99% identical thumb keyboards; I’m sure I’ll just sort of be terrible at both. I know you can install custom keyboards, so I was hoping there was one out there that duplicates the iPhone keyboard, on the iPad.

Thanks!

I don't believe it can be done in a non-jailbroken iPad. There may be something available in Cydia if you have a jailbroken iPad.

Most reactions