What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Landscape, button to the right or left?

ChuckinSC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this for awhile. Is there a proper or preferred way to hold the iPad in landscape mode? In other words, should the button be to the right or left - the volume control to the bottom right or top left? Does it really matter?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure there's no 'proper' way to hold it, but it may depend on if one has a case or not. Like I know with the official Apple case, it's more comfortable to hold when the Home button is on the left. I didn't really like that because my hand covered the speaker. So luckily, a friend bought me a case and it's built so that it works better if the Home button is on the right. It's easier for me because I'm no longer covering the speaker and the volume control is easier to access. But it all depends on you. :) No right or wrong way to hold an iPad.

Reaction score
Some iPhone apps only work in landscape with the home button on the right (left shows app upside down) so I've gotten in the habit of having it on my right since a lot of my apps started off as iPhone apps that happened to work on the Ipad

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts