What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it?

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's two more photos.

image-602038024.jpg

image-1122343511.jpg

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Hey. Tell me about light years. ;)
AA

Mean a very, very, long, long time.
Shameful, you should have learnt about them at the kindergarten level of Federation School. How did you pass the Galactic exams without knowing this fundamental stuff?

In case you're wondering, LOL!
I know that some of our nice cousins over the water sometimes get us seriously wrong. Our fault for expecting too much of them...whoops, I'm outa here!

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This camera was made in Germany in the late 1950's.The lenses use a screw mounting.The company still makes cameras today.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Is it the Leica If?

German, 35mm, rangefinder camera designed and manufactured by Leitz Wetzlar in 1952.
The IF was fitted with Elmar 50mm f/3.5 general purpose lens and a focal plane shutter with cloth curtains.
Shutter speeds ranged from 1/25 to 1/1000th of a second.

AA

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is a Leica,but not the If.The If had no rangefinder.You are on the right track,though.

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of my photos shows the camera serial number,a very important clue in identifying which model it is.There has been more written about Leica cameras,including serial number lists,than almost any other camera brand.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts