What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Ipad 4.2 real battery life

thomasfals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thomasfals.com
I don't know if I notice a decrease if there is any. For me the iPad is a device I pull up and use on and off many times a day. I never really sit around with it long enough to see the battery percentage go down. Now I wish I never read this thread - now I might start noticing :D

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After 4.2 update, my battery seemed to drain much faster. I read on the Apple forum that turning off "Find My iPad" in MobileMe would extend battery life. I turned it off and battery drain seems to be back to pre 4.2 days.

Could you post the link to that forum post please? Several people here (including myself) have turned on Find my iPad and found no difference in the battery life. If Apple has officially stated that this is the case I'd like to hear it. Otherwise, I suspect this is just speculation from people who have the battery problem with 4.2. Unless there is something else compounding a problem together with Find my iPad for some people.

It wasn't an official post, it was from a user. It did seem to help me, I say "seem" because I haven't timed the battery drain. Other users there also stated that shutting down apps that remain active would also lower battery drain. I hate the way that apps remain open until you shut them down, some of them are actively accessing the internet in the background and using power even in the standby mode.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wasn't an official post, it was from a user. It did seem to help me, I say "seem" because I haven't timed the battery drain. Other users there also stated that shutting down apps that remain active would also lower battery drain. I hate the way that apps remain open until you shut them down, some of them are actively accessing the internet in the background and using power even in the standby mode.

Most Apps do nothing at all, as they are supposed to. It would be nice if we could find out from the people with the battery problem what Apps they use. Unfortunately nobody seems to want to do that, making me think the problem is less serious than first reported.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine lasts 2 days on a single charge for the amount of time I use it. And I use it a decent amount. My laptop used to die all the time when I unplugged it. I haven't unplugged it since I bought the iPad either.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most Apps do nothing at all, as they are supposed to. It would be nice if we could find out from the people with the battery problem what Apps they use. Unfortunately nobody seems to want to do that, making me think the problem is less serious than first reported.

I'm going to start putting the iPad in the airplane mode when I tuck it in for the night. That will prevent any internet use.

Most reactions

Latest posts