What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Battery Life of iPad

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although Apple says the Battery Life of an iPad is about 10 hours, many people have used their product for a longer time. I am aware that battery life is dependent on so many factors. It is a good idea to share opinion on this. How is the battery life of your iPad? Are you satisfied?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
akintomide said:
How is the battery life of your iPad? Are you satisfied?

Very satisfied. It's just what I was looking for - I can be anywhere in the house using it at pretty much any time without even thinking about the battery. I've never been able to do that with any other electronic device except my iPod nano and the iPad does so much more.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using mine to watch Plex while working non-stop for 12 hour days and I have about 49% every nite I leave.

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very satisfied. I get a good 12 hours out of mine. I love not having to deal with my laptop for everyday surfing because the battery is fried so i get maybe 45 minutes out of it before it dies.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very happy with the battery life on my ipad, compared to my ipod touch, iphone 3g and laptop which all need charging.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.1

Sillysheri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's hard for me to tell how many hours it gets, I'm on and off all day. I need to recharge about every day and a half. Hey, is it ok to leave it plugged in while in use? That would certainly help.

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My battery life is fantastic. I love the independence my iPad provides because of my battery life. For example, I unplugged it since 9 am yesterday and did all the work I needed to do, including playing 5 games of scrabble with my spouse and my battery still served me for 29 hours non-stop. It is the best thing that can happen to computing in my part of the world.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Surboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I absolutely love the battery life of the iPad, it is the first gadget that I feel does not need constant recharging all the time. I charge it every other day during the week and once a day at the weekend. Have bought a New Trent battery pack though in case I am out and about and need to top up the battery. It provides charge for about 45% of the battery so it is particularly good for travelling, the car, etc.

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's hard for me to tell how many hours it gets, I'm on and off all day. I need to recharge about every day and a half. Hey, is it ok to leave it plugged in while in use? That would certainly help.

It's going to take longer to charge, and depending on current battery life and other factors, the battery may not last as many cycles (charges), but it's perfectly safe.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Katrina2475 said:
I am very satisfied. I get a good 12 hours out of mine. I love not having to deal with my laptop for everyday surfing because the battery is fried so i get maybe 45 minutes out of it before it dies.

You can always change the battery on your laptop.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get 10 hours out of it, more like 7-8, that being said, that is amazing IMO out of anything portable. I keep it bright enough to see without hurting my eyes, and I use videos and music alot, So I am very happy with battery life. I also just leave it plugged in whenever I can, I only use the battery when not near a plug, or when in bed. I wish my iphone 3gs lasted longer, but that is another story LOL.

Last edited:

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
You can always change the battery on your laptop.

Yeah, for $124. I'm just waiting on it to die and get a new desktop.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Katrina2475 said:
Yeah, for $124. I'm just waiting on it to die and get a new desktop.

Not even an OEM? When I had to change the battery on my Lenovo, they wanted $90 for an original branded product. Found an OEM off Fleabay for $30 (with free shipping) that did the same job just as fine.

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Not even an OEM? When I had to change the battery on my Lenovo, they wanted $90 for an original branded product. Found an OEM off Fleabay for $30 (with free shipping) that did the same job just as fine.

I havent checked eBay yet. This poor laptop is a cheapy Compaq that I paid $329 for. On a good day, I would get an hour out of the battery so I'm pretty much used to being tied to a power cord. It has been dropped I don't even know how many times. The faceplate on the cd drawer fell off, when you pick it up you hear parts rolling around in it. It's a mess. My next computer will be a desktop after I get my kids on one room and turn the small bedroom in to my office. It's a miracle every time it boots up. Lol

Most reactions

Latest posts