What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G battery life?

OP
L

Ludzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah my brightness is set to 50%. Maybe mine just needed a few charging cycles to fully hold charge. Been using now on and off since 10am yesterday and still got 60% left. So maybe it ain't all bad.

Cheers

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps do make a difference as well as push and what kind of 3g area you're in. I leave my 3g off unless I need it. In my work and home I can move around and the signal flops about its frustrating but that's ATT for you. I also take my iPad with me all over the place and I certainly do not want to waste my battery with the 3g trying to stay connected and I'm driving along with it in my bag!

I played a "Spider" game that was recommended to me and it killed my battery as it was very intensive set up... so apps matter also.

Good luck with your testing, I'd definitely give it a day with 3g on all day and a day with 3g off all day and see what differences you get.. there are so many variables (usage) that will still not be "scientific" results.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get why anyone would leave 3G on if they don't have a data plan. The O P says "not even tried" 3G, so I wonder what the perceived benefit is. I've only turned mine on a few times in 3 months to see what the reported signal was.

OP
L

Ludzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get why anyone would leave 3G on if they don't have a data plan. The O P says "not even tried" 3G, so I wonder what the perceived benefit is. I've only turned mine on a few times in 3 months to see what the reported signal was.

What I ment by me not trying 3G is that I've not taken my iPad out with me and used it on 3G I've been at home and done it but what the point when I have a faster wifi connection at home. And yeah not point it being on when not in use but sometimes if/when I do take the iPad out I just want to use it so if 3G is on it will still be collecting my emails etc. When out. As long as I get the same battery life as my old wifi version when using wifi I'll be more than happy. The only reason I sold me wifi version to get a 3G version was because I was using a mifi with my old iPad and I kept forgetting to take it out with me so couldn't connect to the net. Least now I can just pick up the iPad and away we go.

Cheers

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And now everyone is so excited about verizon packaging the mifi with the iPad lol glad to see you see it as a pita

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I have to say, having the 3G version and using the hell out of it (at least 3 hours a day between commuting and at lunch) and I have had no issues with the battery lasting less than the advertised time. Even with watching movies and surfing nearly the whole time.

When at home I use Wifi and I use wifi when available at lunch, it doesnt matter. I keep the radio I dont use turned off and I keep the screen brightness low unless demoing with photos/video or a few of the "hidden items" games I have. Having the screen at full brightness will drastically reduce the battery life, but that has nothing to do with what radio you are using.

My heaviest day was on a tuesday I was out sick and the WoW servers were down. I used it nearly 11 hours before it started yelling to be plugged in.

Most reactions