What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what happened to reservations

rag1247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
although apple talked about reserving an ipad and picking it up at store, their website only shows “preorder�?????????

Richard

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never saw a reservation. My guess is Apple is planning to have some units for sale at the store, but some people may not want to wait in line and supplies may be limited so they have their own pre-order.

Tal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everytime I try that page, I can select my state, but can't select a store. The store drop down never activates. VERY frustrating... Any ideas/suggestions?

Tal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, Kilted Tim! That was the problem, and now I have my iPad reserved.

JHicks22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are the chances that you preorder a ipad for pickup and they run out of stock and they can't "fulfill the order"? Anybody have any opionons on this? Also, did anybody get an order number after reserving an ipad for pickup? I didn't.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad pre order stock

What are the chances that you preorder a ipad for pickup and they run out of stock and they can't "fulfill the order"? Anybody have any opionons on this? Also, did anybody get an order number after reserving an ipad for pickup? I didn't.

based on what i read nobody get a number for pre-order on pickup .... this look like risky to arrive and be on out off stock ...

But with Apple everything is possible

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the stores running out of stock to fulfill reservations. For all the hype about 20K+ per hour, 91K first day sales, there will, at the very least, be plenty of iPads to fulfill all the pre-orders and reservations. Stores will be shipped iPads for stock based on reservations made for pickup specifically at that store.

I'd say that if it they get too close to the number they will have on hand, Apple will just stop allowing pre-orders and reservations on line at that time.

That said, my gut tells me that it's a go thing I reserved one. I don't want to go home empty handed and I begin to wonder if they'll be in short supply after all...

My head, though, tells me that this is silly. There will be plenty to go round. This is:
a) a good way to hook customers into committing to buying while the hype is hot.
b) a good way to avoid mobs of people trying to elbow their way to the front of the store to get one on launch day
c) <this one contradicts b> a good way to make sure they will have calm, orderly lines of happy people camped out in front of the stores (but only for an hour or so) so that the news crews can get some good footage and increase the hype.

gregg37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided it wasnt worth the risk last week and canceled my Reservation and went with an online Pre-Order.

durangojim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it seem that it's not possible to reserve the ipad anymore? I tried all the stores in Michigan and I can never get to the final step of logging in. I can purchase one online, but not reserve one. When I called Apple, the customer service rep tried too and had the same result. He wasn't sure why.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine with Chrome....I'm on a mac tho, does that make a difference maybe?

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chrome doesn't seem to work properly for in-store reservations. Problems reported on both Windows and Mac versions. In fact, I've yet to hear of anyone who was able to reserve using Chrome. YMMV

Most reactions

Latest posts