What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad sold out? apple.com store dates changed

joshieca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh, so you weren't going to get one anyway, gotcha.

Actually no. I was going to order one today, I got online to do just that and saw the April 12th SHIP date....but now its like ok well they wont ship it until more than a week after launch, so whats the point of being the first. I guess it means someone is telling me that I do not really need it.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh, so you weren't going to get one anyway, gotcha.

Actually no. I was going to order one today, I got online to do just that and saw the April 12th SHIP date....but now its like ok well they wont ship it until more than a week after launch, so whats the point of being the first. I guess it means someone is telling me that I do not really need it.

I apologize if I don't follow your logic but I thought the point was to actually use and enjoy the device not be first. I ordered the 3G and won't be getting for another month at least but I still can't wait.

theyab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you and the thinl Ipad will change our use for the Ereader!! but the idea to have it first is great:)

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I reside in the Bay area, anything Apple seems to make the local news. Today (3/27/10) this clip was aired on the local news, so I just uploaded it to youtube. This clip talks about the new ship date.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxUdZsWZG6M"]YouTube - New iPad orders will ship after release date[/ame]

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read where Best buy was getting like 15 units at each store. lol

Close each store is getting 16 iPads. One is a special Best Buy demo iPad that IS NOT FOR SALE.

Then they will get another batch of fifteen per store, 5 of each type, for the 4/12/10 weekend ad.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The initial shipment from the iPads manufacturer was for 700K units to be delivered this month. According to reports 500,000 pre-orders have been filled and the remaining 200K ipads will go on sale to the general public when Best Buy opens on April 3, and at the Apple stores after 3 PM. It is a pretty safe bet that they will be sold out by closing on launch date.

There is another 1 million iPads being delivered to Apple in April, most likely the 4.12 pre-orders will come from that. It looks like Apple is on Pace to sell 10K of these a day!

Article Here: iPad Sold Out

Most reactions

Latest posts