What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone use to clean their ipads screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul766

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it has. You just can't see the damage. Your screen catches fingerprints easier now than it did before.

Apple recommends only a clean, lint free cloth for a reason.

No solvents.

No soaps.

No cleaners.

I just use windex just don't put a ton on it and wipe it with an old tee shirt just a little bit in the middle of the screen I only do it when it gets nasty I've had no problems yet...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A clean, dry microfiber cloth. If there are tenacious specks, breath condensation provides more than enough humidity to delodge them. As with any cleaning activity it's better to do frequent light attempts rather than a big job once in a while. This screen will be three years old soon and still has no scratches.

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use dry microfiber cloth that's meant to clean the tv screen. Which doesn't attract dirt or fingerprints like the ipad.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 tesco microfibres cleaning cloths bought. Many thanks for all the opinions!

It's also worth remembering that not all microfibre cloths are the same.....I get mine from retailers of glasses, sunglasses hut often sell packs of three for a pound.

The Archangel

OP
T

TitusD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok just to ruffle a few more feathers the saga continues...... My tesco microfibres cloths have been found by the sink!! Back to square one.

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pull out my T shirt bottom and use it. Works fine, though uncouth to do in public ;)

ladya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just my own thinking, but I would be wary of what is basically a window and glass cleaner, good as that product may be for that. Your iPad has an oleophobic micro coating designed as an oil repelling anti-smudge coating. I would not risk harming that. To me it would be like removing finger smudges only to reduce the anti-smudges capability. I prefer to use an optician's normal microfibres cloth. Just MHO.

I use a spray and micro cloth sold at the apple store.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too use micro fibre/fiber cloth to clean my screen. Works well for me and my screen is as clean as when I purchased my iPad.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the cloth for my glasses. Anything cotton will work. Do NOT use pare products made dfrom wood pupl as it is likely to scratch the screen.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spit and napkins when out, but at home I use windex and paper towels. Just have to stay clear of the home button and any open ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions