What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alcohol for Cleaning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

For my eye glasses, which have the anti reflective AR coating, I use
Those Zeiss pre moistened packets to clean them.

Apparently the towelettes are moistened with an Alcohol liquid, or similar.

Think they would
be safe for my iPad screen ?

Thanks,
Bob

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Robert11 said:
Hello,

For my eye glasses, which have the anti reflective AR coating, I use
Those Zeiss pre moistened packets to clean them.

Apparently the towelettes are moistened with an Alcohol liquid, or similar.

Think they would
be safe for my iPad screen ?

Thanks,
Bob

Hello Bob, here is a note from Apple:

To clean iPad, unplug all cables and turn off iPad (press and hold the Sleep/Wake button, and then slide the onscreen slider). Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe iPad’s screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and may scratch your screen.

I hope this helps.
Matt

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just use a dry microfiber cloth.. It takes all the fingerprints off and leaves the screen perfectly clean. I keep one in my desk drawer, one in my car glove comparment and when it's cool outside, I have one in my jacket pocket... (I carry my iPod just about every where I go :) )

I suppose if you have kids eating candy and rubbing sticky fingers on the screen, then you might need a bit of dampness to get everything off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts