What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a birthday gift to my wife from the children after her ASUS net-book died. She uses it for general web browsing, Facebook access and Skype communications wit family in Japan.

Since I've been using Microsoft stuff since Windows 3.0, I'm all at sea on the iPad. I don't like touch screens generally and I certainly don't like having to mess about switching between the various video "keyboards".

I'll leave the iPad to Momma. I don't think I'll ever become an Apple enthusiast.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a birthday gift to my wife from the children after her ASUS net-book died. She uses it for general web browsing, Facebook access and Skype communications wit family in Japan.

Since I've been using Microsoft stuff since Windows 3.0, I'm all at sea on the iPad. I don't like touch screens generally and I certainly don't like having to mess about switching between the various video "keyboards".

I'll leave the iPad to Momma. I don't think I'll ever become an Apple enthusiast.

Just curious why you have joined and not your wife who has the iPad? :)

Reaction score
Not sure if I am allowed to mention the apps:) so will just keep it generic.
Use it as a Book and Comic reader, Movies for my kids, Music mixing for parties (using djay-ing apps), lots and lots of note taking and sketching.

ditoman1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use it as a notebook for meetig notes... Access to my PC remotely, email, and basicaly as my office!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lorrainethorne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always chat to my parents ,then see the movie or news, I am always interested in searching fantasy app...

dullnote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am about to go for a guitar lesson, I use my I pad to record some thing in the lesson, and then I am able to play back the way things should be played

Dullnote

georgeacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Web browsing mostly. I used to have the 3G version but found it to be too costly for monthly payments =(

PAustin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facebook, browsing, YouTube and most of all aviation apps.

Paul :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DW uses it in place of her now-deceased ASUS netbook, mainly for games, e-mail, facebook. As we improve our familiarity with Apple software, we'll probably get into additional activites. I've been a Windows user since 3.0, currently using XP on my desktop. I started using computers in work-related tasks back in 1965, using ALGOL on an Elliott 803 computer (all vacuum tubes). I have no familiarity whatever with Apple software.

One thing we haven't figured out is how to print e-mails and their .pdf attachments. The owner's guide only mentions "Airprint". Our current printer (an elderly Lexmark) isn't wi-fi capable and we're looking at replacing it anyway. I'd appreciate pointers from the forum on choosing a printer. We've had good luck with Hewlett-Packard in the past This month's Costco flyer has a deal on an H-P OJ6700 printer. The blurb says "ePrint allows remote printing from PC or mobile device". Does this mean it's not compatible with an iPad's "Airprint"?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts