What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine for work related stuff that I would normally do on a laptop, web surfing, emailing, writing, game playing, etc......and in between times to use as a drinks tray and to scrape ice from my windshield.....you just gotta love these all-in-one devices.

The Archangel

Ray B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the iPad for my gigging music (beats carrying around 3-4 large 3-ring notebooks of songs) -- got a great "e-klip" device which fits on a mike stand and replaced the music stand --, photos, e-books, surfing the net, checking e-mail, etc. I've had it several months and bought it mainly for the gigging music.

Ray

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix, skype and FaceTime, travel light, rdc, anything with web, drop some photo, listen pandora, etc

Aipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish i could use it for everything, love the iPAD want to get rid of my laptop.

Jasonc84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I use it for mostly web browsing, movies and music. I also respond to the occasional email. Just got google voice today so I can send SMS messages seems pretty cool so far, doesn't allow voice calls though.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm buying one to watch movies, Surf the WWW, Face time with my 7 year old Daughter on her ipod touch, Read forums, Games, youtube videos but the number one reason is for digital Comics. :D
I currently have an IPhone and Ipod Touch but they are too small for my comics.

cvadh387

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't gotten my Ipad2 yet, but I think I'll be using it for facebook, e-mail, listening to music, playing games, surfing the web, etc. Pretty much anything I can do on my laptop but with ipad it will be so much faster and convenient!!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading

Writing

Arithmetic.

SUBTRACT THE READING AND ARITHMETIC.

Writing, all day...all the time. I hope to find the perfect handwriting recognition and stylus on the first try. I got my apple keyboard ready.

Movies, music, games...making fun of people who are iPad A-list people!:D

AHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Surfing the web, checking Email, keeping up with the news, watching videos, playing games, reading books, taking notes, and listening to music.

ipadfanny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
facebook, youtube, games, web, apps, music, vids, pics.
Email (work & personal)
- Surf the web
- Read news
- Read digital magazines
- Read technical manuals & admin guides (PDFs)
- Occasionally log into a server and do some maintenance (RDP, VNC and SSH)
- YouTube
- Watch movies on planes
- Maybe a few games
- Chat video call online

But It seems a little expensive for me

Most reactions