What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

rew4946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is neat but glad I have a Windows laptop

I wanted a tablet PC and found out that the Apple Ipad was about the same price as others that I looked at, I had an Iphone 3 and trashed it for a real cell phone without the stuff I did not need. I just want a phone that works good no text, no data and one that does not break like a windshield on a car. I use the Ipad 16 gb wifi only to lie in bed and watch netflix, ebay and craigslist. I see why now it was only $399 because it was discontued for the new Ipad 2? Glad I found this cheaper one because a camera is worthless with somthing this big. Can not believe the people wanting the Ipad 2 so they can have cameras and video? I think I will stay with a 10 mp camera that fits in my pocket. I like my Ipad but its nothing to brag about. save your money and buy a ipad for $399 before they are gone or buy a windows 7 tablet your best bet if you got the money.

danrivito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think anyone bought an iPad2 for the camera. It's obvious that the cameras are nothing special... and are really only good for Facetime, IMO.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
danrivito said:
I don't think anyone bought an iPad2 for the camera. It's obvious that the cameras are nothing special... and are really only good for Facetime, IMO.

Have you seen Eddy' post, about two above yours, if that's nothing special then I'll happily settle for nothing special

The Archangel

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This will replace my netbook
Reading books
Checking emails
Video
Surfing Internet. 3G at work don't have wifi.

mmsyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a tour director so I use the apps like Audobon and iBird for work. Also for quick e-mail, reading books -- it's awesome for as much traveling as I do!

Reaction score
I use mine for email, forum surfing, notes and contacts,book reading,Bible reading and study.
I rarely used my desktop after getting my Incredible and the few things I used my desktop to have a bigger screen I no longer need my desktop for .
After finding iswifter browser I can play pbs kids games with my little girl (she is 3 ) instead of the phone or desktop and she wrote her first note tonight on it while practicing her letters and typing,,again we used to practice on the desktop but she is having an easy time on the Zagg mate

Support Our Troops!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
You read it correctly, iPad and Tapatalk muhahaha! :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300241157.373535.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300241157.373535.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 147

rew4946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its stil pretty cool

I wanted a tablet PC and found out that the Apple Ipad was about the same price as others that I looked at, I had an Iphone 3 and trashed it for a real cell phone without the stuff I did not need. I just want a phone that works good no text, no data and one that does not break like a windshield on a car. I use the Ipad 16 gb wifi only to lie in bed and watch netflix, ebay and craigslist. I see why now it was only $399 because it was discontued for the new Ipad 2? Glad I found this cheaper one because a camera is worthless with somthing this big. Can not believe the people wanting the Ipad 2 so they can have cameras and video? I think I will stay with a 10 mp camera that fits in my pocket. I like my Ipad but its nothing to brag about. save your money and buy a ipad for $399 before they are gone or buy a windows 7 tablet your best bet if you got the money.

I guess I should not dog my Ipad because I really do like it and look foward to the Ipad 3 with a USB conection and really large flash memory. Maybe this fall? Or course I am writing this on my Quad Core desktop and plan on playing missle command on my ipad in a few minutes

mishima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

My feedback.

Initially i was truly in doubt if i should get an iPad bcoz most of my work could be conveniently done using the Macbook Air. However, till i got it as a gift from my brother and upon unboxing it, i was amazed with the overall features!

Now, i frequently use the ipad for

1. Email (Corporate Email works extremely good with MS Exchange)
- It sync Contact/Calendar and even push the email to the device (real-time)

2. Viewing Attachments
Works great viewing attachment such as the words,excel, powerpoint, jpeg and PDFs.

3. Watching video
The ipad battery life is awesome as i've managed to watched at least 3 full (avi) videos
which the duration is approximately around 4.5hrs

4. iBooks
Reading books on *.epub format (ibook format) couldnt be more convenient. It has the built-in dictionary, bookmark and even notes to simplify reference.

Lastly, the ipad itself would be a great device for data consuming such as viewing, reading, gaming and etc but definitely would'nt be handy if you need to work on extensive documentation or design. Just my comments anyway.

I'm looking forward to get an iPad2!

-thankx-

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has replaced my desktops for everything except major gaming (MMOs, Dragon Age, etc). Other than those, the only thing I use my Mac or PC for is to download apps or sync! 

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Vocali05

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill use mine mostly for gamming, and movies but also plan to shoot some videos as well and edit

Most reactions