What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did I do?

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I left my iPad2 on an airplane (bub-by). Of course American Airlines did not find it. My fault, I left it there. I changed all of my passwords etc., took all day too.:p

With that said, I bought a new iPad4. I synced it with my (non-Apple) laptop, ok so far. Now I can't access my purchased apps from the app store because it says my password is incorrect. Where do I go to reset it again? I can't find it. HELP!:eek:

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just restored my apps by moving them from my laptop. Still need advise on resetting the PW (can't access app store to update apps). Thanks in advance.

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible for the iPad to sync to my laptop but have a different Apple id or password? They both have the same password (as of today) but the App Store will not let me in! How do I change the password on just the iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible for the iPad to sync to my laptop but have a different Apple id or password? They both have the same password (as of today) but the App Store will not let me in! How do I change the password on just the iPad?

iTunes on your computer and on your iPad have to be the same in order for you to sync your iPad. In order for you to have access to your previously purchased apps, you need to need to use the Apple ID and password used to purchase the apps. You will need that same ID and password for iTunes on your computer as well.

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea what that was. It was too long ago.
The apps show in the update screen and are on the iPad after I synced to the computer. Should that not be proof enough that I bought them? I have them, I just can't update them or buy new. I can't be the only one that has had this happen.

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I did not mention. After I left the iPad on the plane I went to an Apple store to change the password because it was stored on a file on the iPad. My mistake was to change it again because I could not remember the previous change by useing the security questions.

I may have two Apple accounts because there are two sets of security questions.

Come on guys. You will be helping out the oldest guy on the planet with an iPad.

Last edited:
OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to recover my password on the iPad w/o going to itunes on my computer? Surely I haven't stumped this crowd.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using the Forgot my password link at the bottom of the page scifan provided is the only way I know of to change your password online. For more help than that you'll have to contact Apple Support. Be sure to know/have your security questions available and any other relevant information. Due to some high publicity phishing/security problems in the past they've gotten quite strict about changing passwords without sufficient ID.

Start here.

Apple - Support - Contact Apple Support

If/when you get it straightened out, you may want to think about going to their new two-step authentication mode, but make sure you understand the new requirements and safe-guard that recovery code.

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For more help than that you'll have to contact Apple Support. Be sure to know/have your security questions available and any other relevant information. Due to some high publicity phishing/security problems in the past they've gotten quite strict about changing passwords without sufficient ID.

Apple Support straightened it out. One hour with a customer service rep and 30 minutes with a senior CSR and I am back. I have to buy, download & update everything from my computer but at least the iPad works now.

If/when you get it straightened out, you may want to think about going to their new two-step authentication mode, but make sure you understand the new requirements and safe-guard that recovery code.

Can you direct me to how to do this?

Thanks,
ttb

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts