What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need this Ipad2? Please help

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Nakedbabytoes said:
As my dad always says, "Power windows ain't for everybody."

Point is, you know what you like & what you don't. Maybe somebody thought you might like a change(as in, gifting it to you) but it just isn't for you.

Well, my dad likes crank open widows. Can't convince the guy of anything else because cranks work just fine, thank you.

I dig old skool people. I think sometimes we think we can't live without gadgets, but honestly sometimes I think they suck for manners(like not talking on your cell while being waited on by a cashier or not driving & texting) and actually tend to make people very demanding. I want to be entertained, I get immediate satisfaction. I want to connect with friends, I check Facebook. Superfluous human connections at best.

Crank windows aren't all that bad.

Thanks, from an old skooler.

The iPad is perfect for me because it's simple and uncluttered. At least for my purposes.
My PC makes me crazy and I still keep paper notes because it feels like it's part of the journey.
I've lived through 11 Canadian Prime Ministers, 10 U.S. Presidents, learned a little Latin so I could follow along in church, wore magazines for shin guards playing hockey, and still think "Big Turk" is the best candy bar ever made.

And young people today impress the heck out of me. Had I faced the choices and decisions that they do today, when I was their age, I think I would have exploded. I hope we don't mess it up too much for them. They should have hope, not despair.

What I like about this forum is it's a confluence of life experiences, with contributions from all ages. And it's respectful.

AA

Last edited:

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 4 year old iMac that runs OSX, Snow Leopard and Lion. Apple does NOT force you to upgrade hardware to run a new OS. Windoze does. If your 8 or 10 year old PC is still humming along, it is running nothing later than XP.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didnt "need" an ipad,ijust wanted one and i didnt think i would find all that much to do on it but i love it,give it a fair go,there are so many people on ipf and the apple forum that would love to be in your position.

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would say that if you have ask if you need it you don't need it...go give it to someone that will apppreciate it...you seem to be lost with this new fangled stuff

Most reactions