What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

sceadugenga

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
dspoverseas.proboards.com
Hi Diane,
Do you know that this book was just released : [Harry Bosch 19] - The Burning Room - Michael Connelly. I would get it next after finishing John Grisham's Gray Mountain. Grisham is one of my favorite authors. But his work is not always consistent as Rollins, Gimmenez, Brown, Crichton, and a few others that I love to read. The Trial by Clfford Irving turned out to be quite good. You may be interested.
Cheers,
The Burning Room is a great book, as good as some of Connelly's better works.
Gray Mountain was OK, I'm a bit of a greenie so I went along with the sentiments but I'd like to see Grisham come up with a spectacular court room drama again.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Recently bought Kindle for wife. Downloaded full novels by Charles Dickens for less than £2.00 and am now 20% through. Current novel David Copperfield. And I am reading it on the Kindle app for the iPad. Just great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tolstoy's War and Peace - all 666 pages on a Kindle edition.

I well remember the BBC showing it in 20 episodes in the 1970's, and can remember all of the characters and scenes as I read the book.

By the way, all 20 episodes are available on YouTube and from Amazon on DVD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Felt the urge, so I have started re-reading The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I'm in the third book, "Grave Peril" and will be reading the whole series again (in between other books).

Sometimes, it's good to go back to the beginning(s) and get re-acquainted. :)

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Felt the urge, so I have started re-reading The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I'm in the third book, "Grave Peril" and will be reading the whole series again (in between other books).

Sometimes, it's good to go back to the beginning(s) and get re-acquainted. :)

Marilyn

I've read several of those. Good reads. Thanks for the reminder.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Gosh, it seems like I've been gone forever! Here is my list of books I read in the in term.
Liar,Liar - K.J. Larsen. I liked it!
Frozen to Death - Ian McFarland. I REALLY liked it. Kind of kooky good.
Acts of Mercy -Mariah Stewart. Pretty Good! If you know this author and know the Mercy series you'll like it. I read the whole book so I can say it kept interest....I'd liked to read another before I rate how good it is.
Influx -Daniel Suarez. WOW!!!! Now there is a book that made me wonder, consider and truly know just how I know nothing. I, myself, loved it, however I must exclude myself because I know so littleo_O:eek::(:confused: :D.
The Silkworm - Robert Galbraith. Really enjoyed this one.:rolleyes: Actually enjoyed learning about history which usually bores me to shut my eyes. This is fiction, great story.
On a beam of light: a story of Albert Einstein - Jennifer Berne ( children's book ) Wonderful!!!
The Drop - Dennis Lehane. Another great ride/journey in a world I rarely think of. Wonderful!
Being Mortal - Atul Gawande. I haven't finished it....(I sure hope I do, library book ) super refreshing insight about a very difficult subject ; wharehousing our parents or the generation that we can no longer care for in our homes, the author is a medical doctor. This is book worth reading, if not word for word, roaming through.
Worthy Brown's Daughter - Phillip Margolin. One of my favorite authors. He did not let me down.
The Litigators - John Grishom. One of MY favorite authors as well, however, I have set it aside for now. Either I have read too many of his books in a row, or I'm tiring of the small time lawyers for now. Would LOVE to HEAR someone else's opinion.
Ten Thousand Miles Without A Cloud - Sun Shuyun. Loved it. A good book to relax with. No power reading with this one.
well I guess you know why I haven't been around and what I have been doing with part of my time.:cool:
Looking forward to any & ALL comments! :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I decided to begin reading " Killer " by Johnathan Kellerman. Since One of my majors was Psychology I do enjoy his interpretation of things. I thought it sounded familiar when I first read the cover story but realized he only published it in 2014 so I'm pretty sure it's new to me. Connelly really is one of my favorites. If asked I think I would have to go with James Rollins as my most fav's in this genre!
Glad to see he has another admirer, scaedugenga! Sorry if I misspelt your name.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They had an 'in memorium' table of Terry Pratchett's books in the library. I haven't read him since I was young. I picked up Carpe jugulum for old times sake.

Bobbi

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm reading " Hunting Shadows " - Charles Todd.
It's based in England and time period is just after the first world war. I usually don't like war stuff but this one is very good. Has anyone else heard of this author or book?

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thought this tribute to Prachett was interesting.

''In the Discworld novel Going Postal, Sir Terry, who died aged 66 on Thursday, wrote about the way that the murder of an operator of a semaphore tower, John Dearheart, was marked by his colleagues.

His name was included in admin messages (known as overhead) sent around the semaphore or "clacks", network prefixed with three control characters, GNU, that kept it circulating forever.

In a similar way, many net server and website administrators are adding the text "X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett" to the headers their machines share with every computer that requests web pages from them....
"His name will live on for a long time, buried in the code of the very internet itself," wrote Adrian Kennard, founder and managing director of ISP Andrews and Arnold, in a blog about the tribute.

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well well what happened here ? No one home ? Everybody is on vacation ? ;). I checked here randomly to pick up idea on what to read . . . hmmm :(
Btw, I had a great pleasure reading Lisa Scottoline's legal thrillers. Not only she could tell stories, she did with grace, charm and humor. Perhaps no one could do what she did. I also went thru Archer Mayor (Detective Joe Gunther series), Joel Goldman (Detective & Legal Thrillers), William Diehl (Legal Thrillers), Clifford Irving (Legal Thrillers), Scott Pratt (Legal Thrillers). As at the moment, I just started with Steve Martini's Double Tap book. So far so good.
Hope to see this threat busy again :)

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey mydave. Thanks for the suggestions.
I am reading The Dispossessed by Ursula LeGuin. Hadn't read it since college. I just finished the second and third books Margaret Atwood started with Oryx and Crake. They are The Year of the Flood, and Maddaddam. They were very entertaining.

Most reactions