What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just finished Stephen Kings, Doctor Sleep ....Good sequel to The Shining. I'm now starting Hollow City who's is the second novel of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I really enjoyed the first book.

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of reading lately, just finished Fire Starter (Stephen King) and Killing Floor (Lee Child) and am in the middle of Sycamore Row (John Grisham) and Open Season (C. J. Box). I always have one on my iPad and iPhone for while i am out, and usually have a real book by the couch for when I am in.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie. I saw the new episode but have never read this particular one.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What A Wonderful World by Marcus Chown.

Marcus is a former column writer for the UK based New Scientist magazine and has written several books. This one is his latest. Available from Amazon.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dr. James Daschuk Clearing the Plains: Disease, Politics of Starvation and the Loss of Aboriginal Life

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Continuing with the Phoenix series: "The Phoenix Crisis" by Richard Sanders

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just finished reading the Fifty Shades Of Grey Trilogy, just had to see what all the hype was about.......and I gotta say I think I turned a few shades lighter thinking my daughter had already read these books.

Also have to say I found them very monotonous and was just flipping pages through the second and third books, as did my daughter!

Why did I even bother!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just finished reading the Fifty Shades Of Grey Trilogy, just had to see what all the hype was about.......and I gotta say I think I turned a few shades lighter thinking my daughter had already read these books.

Also have to say I found them very monotonous and was just flipping pages through the second and third books, as did my daughter!

Why did I even bother!!

I am glad I saw this post. I was going to borrow these books from my friend, but was on the fence. All the hype about it made me curios.

Instead, I bought "Empty Mansions-The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune. A true story story about an heiress and philanthropist who lived a reclusive life after 1930 and unknown to the public until she past just a few years ago.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am glad I saw this post. I was going to borrow these books from my friend, but was on the fence. All the hype about it made me curios. Instead, I bought "Empty Mansions-The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune. A true story story about an heiress and philanthropist who lived a reclusive life after 1930 and unknown to the public until she past just a few years ago.

Lol.....glad I saved you the trouble! They really aren't worth the time involved. I should have just stopped at the first one.

Now the book you did buy sounds a whole lot more interesting! ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol.....glad I saved you the trouble! They really aren't worth the time involved. I should have just stopped at the first one.

Now the book you did buy sounds a whole lot more interesting! ;)

So far so good! On page 7 and it's already very interesting!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts