What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Downloading some free (for a limited time), and DRM free science fiction. This should keep a few people's reading habits fed for a while.

Stupefying Stories: Announcing the 2014 Campbellian Anthology

Get the ePub version if you want to read in iBooks. Get the .mobi version if you prefer the Kindle app.

Thanks for the link, I downloaded to my Kindle app for later. I am still reading Phoenix Rising along with "Tripwire" (3/4 done) and "House of Hades" (1/3 done) the Lee Child is an ebook and the Rick Riordan is the real deal pulp and paper book (gosh I still love those).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downloading some free (for a limited time), and DRM free science fiction. This should keep a few people's reading habits fed for a while. Stupefying Stories: Announcing the 2014 Campbellian Anthology Get the ePub version if you want to read in iBooks. Get the .mobi version if you prefer the Kindle app.
Thanks. I'm actually going to be there when the John W. Campbell award for best new writer is presented this August at the World Science Fiction Convention. This thine I'll have a chance to read all the works by the eligible authors.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downloading some free (for a limited time), and DRM free science fiction. This should keep a few people's reading habits fed for a while. Stupefying Stories: Announcing the 2014 Campbellian Anthology Get the ePub version if you want to read in iBooks. Get the .mobi version if you prefer the Kindle app.

Thanks TP .......got it, but it did take a while......they must be getting swamped with everyone trying to get it!

Looks like great reading!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm actually going to be there when the John W. Campbell award for best new writer is presented this August at the World Science Fiction Convention. This thine I'll have a chance to read all the works by the eligible authors.

Awesome. I'd love to go, but my toy budget comes first. :)

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just finished reading Julius Erving's autobiography. I really enjoyed it.

I'm now starting Ghost in the Wires. I hope it is worth the time, looking forward to it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've started the Science Fiction novel "Divergent" (by Veronica Roth) after watching the preview for the movie. So far, so good (though the movie looks fantastic...!). Usually, I like the books better than the movie

which goes along with your thoughts, twerppoet. And yes, if you liked the movie "Reacher" - I believe you will like the books about the character. I started with the books and was not going to watch the movie because of how I figured Tom Cruise was not Reacher. I was glad to be surprised.

However, if you do decide to start reading this series by Lee Childs, may I suggest you start with the first book, "Killing Floor." The movie was based on the ninth book in the 18 book (and counting!) series. They don't have to be in order to be enjoyed, but the character does get some development as the books progress...

Can you tell its one of my favorite series? I'll shut up now... :)

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've started the Science Fiction novel "Divergent" (by Veronica Roth) after watching the preview for the movie. So far, so good (though the movie looks fantastic...!). Usually, I like the books better than the movie which goes along with your thoughts, twerppoet. And yes, if you liked the movie "Reacher" - I believe you will like the books about the character. I started with the books and was not going to watch the movie because of how I figured Tom Cruise was not Reacher. I was glad to be surprised. However, if you do decide to start reading this series by Lee Childs, may I suggest you start with the first book, "Killing Floor." The movie was based on the ninth book in the 18 book (and counting!) series. They don't have to be in order to be enjoyed, but the character does get some development as the books progress... Can you tell its one of my favorite series? I'll shut up now... :) Marilyn

Thanks for the thoughts and recommendations. I would have probably started with the first book anyway. I tend to be methodical that way. ;)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it is so far (with 74% done, according to my Kindle). I'm "afraid" I'm going to have to buy the other books in the series.

Darn!

[/sarcasm]

:)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since there's nothing else I can do right now but watch movies and read, I saw another film yesterday (The Help), which I though was good. So I decided to download the book (author: Kathryn Stockett) and started reading today. Interesting. I have to get used to the way she writes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts