What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
Please post how you like the Jackie Kennedy book with the inter-active experience. I am tempted but not sure I would like it. I have about 50 hours of podcasts that I haven't listened to yet.....

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
Doing good, I have been a little behind on being and posting on the forum. I am having so much fun playing with the Ipad and discovering new apps. Can't believe all the great news apps I have been finding.

I have 13 pages of books on my Kindle!!!! A lot of samples and free books. I love that I can read them on both my Ipad and my Kindle. I have discovered some really good authors I have really enjoyed that I bought their 2nd and 3rd books.

I am starting: Hostile Witness tonight....a legal mystery, a genre I don't usually read.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please post how you like the Jackie Kennedy book with the inter-active experience. I am tempted but not sure I would like it. I have about 50 hours of podcasts that I haven't listened to yet.....

Hi, Dee.

I am enjoying the Jacqueline Kennedy book very much. I think whether one will enjoy it is entirely subjective however. I like history in general, am a baby boomer and was in kindergarten when Kennedy was killed. That event is one of my first really vivid "social" memories.

I think how one chooses to "use" the book may differ, as well. I like listening and following along via the printed transcript, but one could simply listen to the tapes which are primarily Schlesinger posing questions and Jackie responding.

The tapes are broken into sections by chapter, which is convenient to interacting with the videos that are positioned at the beginning of each chapter.

Listening to her speak, so far, has been like a form of time travel. She is speaking from a different version of our world, entirely. It was pre-women's movement, pre-civil rights movement, etc., etc., and so I am fascinated to hear her observations and comments.

My understanding is that iPad users are getting first shot at this material. Everyone else (Kindle users, etc.) are having to pre-order for their copies which won't be released until January.

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
Thanks for the information on both threads. It sounds like a very interesting book. I am not a real history buff but I too was in school and can remember exactly what I was doing when we heard Kennedy died. I remember being glued to the TV set and seeing Oswald get shot on live TV.

Didn't like "Hostile Witness". Now I am finishing up "Hot Flash"... a good chick novel for a fast read.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi, Dee.

I am enjoying the Jacqueline Kennedy book very much. I think whether one will enjoy it is entirely subjective however. I like history in general, am a baby boomer and was in kindergarten when Kennedy was killed. That event is one of my first really vivid "social" memories.

I think how one chooses to "use" the book may differ, as well. I like listening and following along via the printed transcript, but one could simply listen to the tapes which are primarily Schlesinger posing questions and Jackie responding.

The tapes are broken into sections by chapter, which is convenient to interacting with the videos that are positioned at the beginning of each chapter.

Listening to her speak, so far, has been like a form of time travel. She is speaking from a different version of our world, entirely. It was pre-women's movement, pre-civil rights movement, etc., etc., and so I am fascinated to hear her observations and comments.

My understanding is that iPad users are getting first shot at this material. Everyone else (Kindle users, etc.) are having to pre-order for their copies which won't be released until January.

Thanks for your observations on this. For some book subjects, I think a combination of text, video and audio is a logical extension of what books in general, and ebooks in particular, can be.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went away for the weekend. On the long drive here I listened to my dad's Culture Warrior audiobook by Bill OReilly. It's the only audiobook he has, and it's better than nothing.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ravve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what I read

1. The Tipping Point
2. Grooming, Gossip, and the Evolution of Language

BuzyMum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just finished reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson and will be looking for the the next book at the library tomorrow. Never been a novel reader until I read the Twilight series. Now I have a hard time putting a good book down at night and not able to get up in the morning. Not sure what's going to happen when I start working in October and have hard time getting my butt out of bed.LOL!!!

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am reading "Catcher in the Rye" by J. D. Salinger Half way through and not sure if I like i t or not.

Cheers!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just finished God @ Ground Zero. Unsure which book I'm gonna start .. Probably 1776 by McCullough.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just finished the 18 book series by Raymond E Feist only to find A Kingdom Beseiged was out on ibook. So that's what i am reading now.

Most reactions