What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the accessories you use the most?

Which accessories do you use the most?

• Total voters

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When it all boils Down, if that asteroid finally hits the earth and you run out of you blazing collapsing home you will grab the iPad and the charger. Everything else is just for a want not a need. Maybe this is indicative to the minimal ability to modify you I-device. The result is we all yearn for accessories to make our device stand out. I never obsessed with this on my old android phone.

Maybe I did, can't remember.

Cheers

Last edited:

KansasJoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever I am at home I use the "KeyBoard" and charger and not the wireless keyboard. I am a touch typist and using the
keyboard lets me type much faster. I am a "first day" user right now. I am already irritated by the
fact that this iForum does not recognize that I am using the iPad in the "picture-vertical" position and not the "landscape"
position.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When it all boils Down, if that asteroid finally hits the earth and you run out of you blazing collapsing home you will grab the iPad and the charger. Everything else is just for a want not a need. Maybe this is indicative to the minimal ability to modify you I-device. The result is we all yearn for accessories to make our device stand out. I never obsessed with this on my old android phone.

Maybe I did, can't remember.

I doubt my iPad will be a priority in any kind of asteroid situation, lol.

Want vs. need: I don't actually need an iPad at all, much less the charger or what else.

On accessories and standing out: My TPU back-only case is black and nondescript. I prefer that my iPad not attract attention. If it were hardier, I'd skip a case altogether, like with my Kindle Fire. My rigged-up easel is not especially attractive. If iPad would stand up on its own, I wouldn't need one of those, either.

I see a lot of iPads at my workplace. Most people have them in nondescript black cases. I've seen only one tricked-out one, in a luxury case. Attempts to stand out seem limited.

I used to use a Kindle e-ink device and participate in a Kindle forum. Those users spent an inordinate amount of time talking about skins, cases, etc., to make their Kindles stand out. I found those kind of threads pointless. (My Kindle lived in a see-through case for protection.) I find iPad accessories threads are much more about function than standing out.

Last edited:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It was tongue-in-cheek. If you are new to the iPad just give it some time. I find my iPad is the one thing i'd grab for information. I fact I'm considering dumping my iPhone an just going with the iPad and a Bt headset. My iPad does so much for me, I use to call books I carried "portable entertainment" now thats what i call my ipad. Keep in mind i rarely play games but it is a good deviation for the grand kids when they visit. News, forums, fact checking, emails, school text book, homework the ipad has changed the way i live. Yes there are some quirky things apple does (no arrow keys) but when you stack up the things that just work it equals out.

I notice many Kendal owners are getting iPads. I had a conversation at church about that same issue on Sunday. A Kendal owner wanted me to explain how the iPad works as they planed on getting one. If its not to much to ask why do you have both?

Cheers

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was tongue-in-cheek. If you are new to the iPad just give it some time. I find my iPad is number one the things I grab. I fact I'm considering dumps g my iPhone an just going with the iPad and a Bt headset. My iPad does so much for me, I use to call books I carried "portable entertainment" now thats what i call my ipad. Keep in mind i rarely play games but it is a good deviation for the grand kids when they visit. News, forums, fact checking, emails, school text book, homework the ipad has changed the way i live. Yes there are some quirky things apple does (no arrow keys) but when you stack up the things that just work it equals out.

I notice many Kendal owners are getting iPads. I had a conversation at church about that same issue on Sunday. A Kendal owner wanted me to explain how the iPad works as they planed on getting one. If its not to much to ask why do you have both?

Cheers

I got my first iPad about two years ago, on 3G debut day.

I got my Kindle about two years before iPad existed. Portability of books away from home was the priority. If iPad had existed, I wouldn't have bothered with my first Kindle, because I prefer backlit to e-ink and a reading light.

Some people want an e-ink reader as well as an iPad because they have probs reading for extended periods on backlit devices. Some prefer a smaller size for extended reading.

I like my Kindle Fire for reading because of the size. Reading is my primary hobby. Some people probably think buying a device just to read is odd, but I think it odd that people pay for TV, for instance. I don't watch it. Just a matter of personal preference.

Last edited:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not to mention what we pay for phone use nowadays
Its like boiling frog, if you look back twenty years I would have told myself "you're nuts" for spending so much when you can just buy a $12.00 paperback.
Cheers

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to mention what we pay for phone use nowadays
Its like boiling frog, if you look back twenty years I would have told myself "you're nuts" for spending so much when you can just buy a $12.00 paperback.
Cheers

Yes, lol. I figure it's nice to have choices.

There are so many free books, though, you can actually save money with a Kindle. Depends on what you like to read and how much you're spending on print books.

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Optoma pico projector for iPad. I watch movies everyday on Netflix, this device is excellent!

jessbarney777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't take my iPad anywhere without its case, and the wireless keyboard is great. I love my free portrait mount - I think ZooGue dot com is still giving them away, if anyone's interested.

MegiPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Charger, Targus 360 case-stand, iBallz, screen protector, a laptop (LOL) and I can't think of other accessories right now, but I bet there is a ton more.

joann.jimi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dad was the duct tape king. He used it to fix his pants pockets, toasters, water pipes, make wallets, etc. Personally I've used it as a strapless, backless bra....works wonders!.

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joann.jimi said:
My dad was the duct tape king. He used it to fix his pants pockets, toasters, water pipes, make wallets, etc. Personally I've used it as a strapless, backless bra....works wonders!.

How old are you, 12?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF 

Most reactions