What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case / covers / skins

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

macnutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Kindle Reader and I bought an Oberon cover for it. Very well made, however it adds weight to the unit, and a Kindle2 is smaller than an Ipad2. They make beautiful tooled leather covers in many designs. I also have a clear case made by Speck Products which covers the top and bottom of my MacbookPro. It's very light weight and does an amazing job of protecting my laptop from scratches.

I don't have my new Ipad2 as of now, awaiting delivery from Apple, however I was wondering what would be the best choice for it. Since I don't have it yet, do they get warm when in use like a laptop?? And if so, I would be concerned about covering up the back with something that would hinder the release of the heat.

I have been giving serious consideration to the Smart Cap from TheHIshop.com. It seems to be made from a soft stretchable material, which looks as if it would let you get a good grip on the Ipad. I also have a Decalgirl skin on my Kindle and Laptop. They have a beautiful assortment of designs, are relatively tough, and you can even get a matching wallpaper for your screen when you buy one. The skin certainly wouldn't add weight, and should take abuse.
:D

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have my new Ipad2 as of now, awaiting delivery from Apple, however I was wondering what would be the best choice for it. Since I don't have it yet, do they get warm when in use like a laptop?? And if so, I would be concerned about covering up the back with something that would hinder the release of the heat.

Oberon also make covers for both iPad 1 and 2, although with the iPad 2 covers, they don't have a rear camera port or built-in magnetic activation, so you need to consider that loss of functionality. The iPad doesn't generate any heat, so there's no problems with full-body cases.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppleDrinker said:
At StyleFlip.com, you can design your own skin with your own designs and pictures

Aww wow neat!!!!
I'm still waiting on my zagg mate lol
This is what I'm using today.....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-1260694236.png
    image-1260694236.png
    681.5 KB · Views: 274

farmboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you looking for skin guards? I know SGP has some on their site. It's pretty light in weight, and it protects the back from scratches. I think it solely does that, but not enough protection if u were to drop it on accident.

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
farmboy said:
Are you looking for skin guards? I know SGP has some on their site. It's pretty light in weight, and it protects the back from scratches. I think it solely does that, but not enough protection if u were to drop it on accident.

May i ask what is SGP???
Im debating getting the skin for behind the ipad to match somehow the one I got for the zaggmate.
I dont know if i took a picture lol.
I love folio type covers,and hard cases like zagg but the zaggmate keyboard keeps the back of the ipad hanging out soooo thats the ONLY thing i dislike about it.
I need a skin to protect..maybe the invisible one is best?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hannah987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for ipad skin cover for my newly bought, what you about the red skin for it? I think it looks refreshing.

ethanparker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend had ipad skin coverand it really looks too cool and stylish. Everyone really appreciated it. I also like to have ipad skin cover for my device.

Ipad skin covers

raccer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used an InvisibleSkin on the back of my iPad after bying the smart cover. Last week I change it for a slickwraps. I order the stanless steal but if you want to match the color of your smart cover, they have all the color for that.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
raccer said:
I used an InvisibleSkin on the back of my iPad after bying the smart cover. Last week I change it for a slickwraps. I order the stanless steal but if you want to match the color of your smart cover, they have all the color for that.

Why did you switch?

Most reactions

Latest posts