What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which case you prefer?

letsappleit

iPF Noob
Reaction score

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on how much you're carrying your device around and how often you're using it. At that price, you can't really go wrong with the (fake) leather folio case; the other one is more of a pouch, which can be carried by itself or fit into another bag. (Although I generally avoid zippers because they aren't the most durable, esp with lots of use.)

Personally I have one of each: a leather folio, which my iPad wears all the time, and also a separate neoprene case which will fit the folio+iPad.

OP
L

letsappleit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I know that the first one is made of fake leather since it's so cheap and on the ad it is not mentioned about that. I'm just interested in its looking.:p
So, how much did your leather folio cost?

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like the corners of the fake leather case. Wouldn't trust them to hold the iPad. You can go the inexpensive route and still find better cases then this.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I know that the first one is made of fake leather since it's so cheap and on the ad it is not mentioned about that. I'm just interested in its looking.:p So, how much did your leather folio cost?

I went for an item by Oberon Design -- Leather iPad covers. Quite rather the other end of the scale, cost-wise, but worth every penny.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the unique selling points of an Oberon is that there aren't that many leather craft studios out there which offer the types of designs that they offer, and at that quality of workmanship. Amongst the hundreds of leather (real and fake) covers out there, an Oberon easily stands out in its own right.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best case is the aluminum case from wireless ground.very attractive and matches the iPad in silver aluminum.

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
Yes, I know that the first one is made of fake leather since it's so cheap and on the ad it is not mentioned about that. I'm just interested in its looking.:p So, how much did your leather folio cost?

I went for an item by Oberon Design -- Leather iPad covers. Quite rather the other end of the scale, cost-wise, but worth every penny.

hey the oberon designs are really great..i would also go for one..thanx for sharing
:)

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, Oberon (like Twelve South's "BookBook" or Nedrelow's "Book for iPad") has a certain style which isn't for everyone - but if you like that kind of handtooled leather aesthetic, they do quite an amazing job (for an amazing price.)

a.don.is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
adonistech.wordpress.com
I just picked up a nice, relatively cheap, leather case from Target. Black, book-style, with a locking strap. Feels nice to carry, decent protection of the iPad. Couple of different viewing angles. Target had a few different options, may want to check them out!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey the oberon designs are really great..i would also go for one..thanx for sharing
:)

Right now Oberon has a coupon code "RTC10" for free shipping on domestic orders in the US for orders above $!00, which is valid until next January, I think. It'll save you a few dollars, I guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts