What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What apps have you downloaded since jail breaking iPad2?

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks for that f4780y, I don't suppose downloading an iPhone app wil create any problems, it's just the outlaying money for something that might not work!
It would be great if there was a program running in Cydia that told it what device you were on and only applications that were compatible for that device were shown. But I'm sure if it could be done it would be.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
Thanks for that f4780y, I don't suppose downloading an iPhone app wil create any problems, it's just the outlaying money for something that might not work!
It would be great if there was a program running in Cydia that told it what device you were on and only applications that were compatible for that device were shown. But I'm sure if it could be done it would be.

Well it might cause problems. Hard to say. It really depends on the app. Sone will crash springboard regularly. Sone will just look odd and some will work perfectly (or not at all!). Depends really on what the app does and how it was coded.

For a very good example look at the official version of FolderEnhancer in Cydia. Great info.

The problem of informing you sits with the developers. It is possible to include all the dependency and compatibility information in a package, but its not mandatory. You'll find the better, newer, more complex apps tend to cover this off quite well. It's the older stuff that tends to be the problem! :)

Last edited:

ReshadGP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any chance to send and receive sms via ipad2 jailbroken? If yes how? I tried swirlysms but it didnt work :(
Thanx

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant wait for PhoneItiPad from iPhone Islam to be recreated to work on iPad 2

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason i go jailbreak is for phoneIt, otherwise i'm fine using a stock pad. So yeah i got the phoneIt.

makavelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
andrewhtf said:
The only reason i go jailbreak is for phoneIt, otherwise i'm fine using a stock pad. So yeah i got the phoneIt.

What is the phoneIt? Is it an app?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i posted this in another thread.

i have an ipad2 3g, and an iphone 4 with 6GB of data plan, and i can place my ip4 sim into iPad and use the data.....only thing is, i would prob have missed voice calls and text messages once sim is in the iPad 2, and the fact i don't carry the iPad outdoors for internet access, but i do carry the iPad outdoors, but i rely on wifi, because its better. Also because my iphone is jailbroken, i can tether my data plan, but i don't even bother.

the iPad 1 3G(jailbroken), when purchase of a certain tweak(app), will allow voice calls, just like an iphone.....which would make sense to insert my iphone sim to use the data and not miss any calls, but i only have ipad1 wifi only(no 3G), and no update for iPad 2 integration for that tweak yet, as my iPad 2 is jailbroken too, and i am waiting for the tweak to support it.

iPhoneIslam-PhoneItiPad-ipad-to-phone.jpeg

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phoneitipad seems a good idea but I don't think I understood it correctly. Where do you put the sim card as it says it doesn't work on the 3G iPads?
Sorry if that's a daft question.

Nope. As it stands now, it ONLY WORKS on ipad 3G.
Not on ipad wifi or on ipad2 wifi (bcoz there's no sim tray) or ipad2 3G (bcoz of the need to be jailbroken, and in order to purchase phoneit, their purchase site requires serial number to be keyed in - but limited to 11 alphanumeric as per ipad1, ipad2 has 12 alphanumerics instead.)

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i posted this in another thread.

i have an ipad2 3g, and an iphone 4 with 6GB of data plan, and i can place my ip4 sim into iPad and use the data.....only thing is, i would prob have missed voice calls and text messages once sim is in the iPad 2, and the fact i don't carry the iPad outdoors for internet access, but i do carry the iPad outdoors, but i rely on wifi, because its better. Also because my iphone is jailbroken, i can tether my data plan, but i don't even bother.

the iPad 1 3G(jailbroken), when purchase of a certain tweak(app), will allow voice calls, just like an iphone.....which would make sense to insert my iphone sim to use the data and not miss any calls, but i only have ipad1 wifi only(no 3G), and no update for iPad 2 integration for that tweak yet, as my iPad 2 is jailbroken too, and i am waiting for the tweak to support it.

iPhoneIslam-PhoneItiPad-ipad-to-phone.jpeg
Poser, refer my earlier reply.

I'm afraid that in your situation, you wont be able to get phoneit in your ipad2 just yet. You'd first have to get your ipad2 jailbroken, and for iphoneislam team to work out their support for ipad2. Until then.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser, refer my earlier reply.

I'm afraid that in your situation, you wont be able to get phoneit in your ipad2 just yet. You'd first have to get your ipad2 jailbroken, and for iphoneislam team to work out their support for ipad2. Until then.

thanks for the info, but i am in the loop, if you read my post thoroughly, you would notice that my iPad 2 is jailbroken, and i do know there is no support for iPad 2.
i do check their website often to see if they added support, somehow.

and no update for iPad 2 integration for that tweak yet, as my iPad 2 is jailbroken too, and i am waiting for the tweak to support it.

Most reactions

Latest posts