What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What apps have you downloaded since jail breaking iPad2?

Bostonvince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BornAfflicted said:
The MobileTerminal on Cydia is for iPhone. I found an article about this HERE. This worked like a charm for iPad 2 running 4.3.3.

I also had no problems with OpenSSH. Not sure what the problem is there.

Terminal finally got passed the loading part. Probably needed a reboot after install. With winscp I checked the compression box in ssh settings. And it worked fine. I also learned how to use open ssh to install apps by dragging dropping files into applications folder in which I installed ventafone, ventrillo for ios devices, if you dont mmo its like a voice skype for warcraft :) i love jb. I feel cheap for only donating comex 10 bucks for to go to Brown.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bostonvince said:
Terminal finally got passed the loading part. Probably needed a reboot after install. With winscp I checked the compression box in ssh settings. And it worked fine. I also learned how to use open ssh to install apps by dragging dropping files into applications folder in which I installed ventafone, ventrillo for ios devices, if you dont mmo its like a voice skype for warcraft :) i love jb. I feel cheap for only donating comex 10 bucks for to go to Brown.

I tried this , but during instalation it gives error of. No data one and no data two

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
So you're blaming wififofum for the crappy antenna strength in the ipad?
check both links in my sig for ipad specific tweaks....

As far as themes go....have you tried blackhaz3 HD? On the main cydia spotlight page......themes>ipad>....don't see any you like?

No, but I don't care for the app itself. Windows has far better wireless scanner software. As for the themes, there seems to be tons of them, and every single one I have tried has did nothing.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Windows has far better wireless scanner software.

I disagree, however Apple put some significant limits on what the Settings App will report so you only connect to stronger hotspots. You can remove that limit with this tweak...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/35447-wifi-booster-paid-tweak.html

As for the themes, there seems to be tons of them, and every single one I have tried has did nothing.

Look at our new themes section - iPad Themes - Apple iPad Forum

You need to remember that jailbreaking has been happening for 4 years now and the vast majority of stuff is designed for iPhone, not iPad...

Hope that helps.

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I think if we give it 2 weeks quite a few more iPad apps will be available, I've noticed a lot of iPhone conversions have started coming through recently, it's great to see the changes that are occurring to people's iPads since the JB, and reading about all the different apps and tweaks people are posting about here, thanks for everyone's input on this post, and please keep them coming.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The very first tweak I did was install browser change so I could change the default browser (I really like perfect browser) When I first got my ip2, it annoyed the hell out of me that such a basic computer function was blocked by apple.

I then dumped the stupid useless lock screen.

skittles101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
The very first tweak I did was install browser change so I could change the default browser (I really like perfect browser) When I first got my ip2, it annoyed the hell out of me that such a basic computer function was blocked by apple.

I then dumped the stupid useless lock screen.

they still make perfect browser?

ipad2noobdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bigU Movies app is a classic Cydia app and a must have so those that don't have it get cause it's an app you will use daily. I watch movies on my iPad all the time now and they are crystal clear quality.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
A quick question about Cydia, if the description or title doesn't mention iPad can we assume it's iPhone, why are they not locatable for specific devices??

Best thing to do is dig into all the sections of the apps page on Cydia like "Recent Changes". Chances are if it is a new app it will be OK, but old ones are less certain. Look for tell tales like iOS version numbers. 4.2.1 and over are better prospects for ipad than 3.x. Screenshots can give clues too. But sometimes there's just no way to tell. If unsure you could always google & post a query here of course!

Most reactions

Latest posts