What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What about Apple warranty?

banders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am completely new to the Apple world but out of curiosity bought a new unopened iPad from ebay that the owner supposedly had won as a prize in a competition. I have some suspicions that the GPS hardware might be shaky and I have been told that Apple provides one year of warranty but how do I claim as I did not receive any receipt in the transaction?

I could not locate any general Apple warranty statement in the unopened box
so I am a bit perplexed. Does the iPad contain a special warranty number within? I could tell that a certain device number was registered in iTunes but that is probably not it?

Dumb question I know but I am completely new to the Apple world.

OP
banders

banders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, worked just fine and I learnt that I still got 2 months left which is at least something. :)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what iPad do you speak of?

apple store has the best customer support available, with little to none/no questions asked service, and you could be leaving the store with a new device, even with showing up without a receipt.

so a simple walk in(make a reservation online), and explain your issue, and they will handle it properly.

wow, this is weird "I have some suspicions that the GPS hardware might be shaky".

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Poser said:
what iPad do you speak of?

apple store has the best customer support available, with little to none/no questions asked service, and you could be leaving the store with a new device, even with showing up without a receipt.

so a simple walk in(make a reservation online), and explain your issue, and they will handle it properly.

wow, this is weird "I have some suspicions that the GPS hardware might be shaky".

Wonder what that statement means exactly?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About the GPS being "shaky"?

my bad, i should've quoted it correctly, it was the original poster that have this issue, I'm just saying its weird..

I have some suspicions that the GPS hardware might be shaky and I have been told that Apple provides one year of warranty but how do I claim as I did not receive any receipt in the transaction?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Poser said:
my bad, i should've quoted it correctly, it was the original poster that have this issue, I'm just saying its weird..

Lol that's my point too. I meant to quote the OP only. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So do you have to purchase Applecare to get a warranty? Or does it come with a one year warranty, and buying Applecare gives you a two year warranty? Could I ask for Applecare for Christmas (the extra cost is kind of a lot for me to swing right now) or do I have to buy Applecare when I buy my iPad?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
So do you have to purchase Applecare to get a warranty? Or does it come with a one year warranty, and buying Applecare gives you a two year warranty? Could I ask for Applecare for Christmas (the extra cost is kind of a lot for me to swing right now) or do I have to buy Applecare when I buy my iPad?

AppleCare is an addition to the warranty and can be bought anytime in the first year if my memory serves me right......have a look at this link....

http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipad.html

The Archangel

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can buy apple care which is additional warranty any time in first year you gain full phone support as well as extended cover (additional year on top of first year)from the time you take it out.

Quote apple
----------------
With the AppleCare Protection Plan, you can extend your service coverage to two years from the iPad purchase date.
---------------
Keep in mind it is a solid state device and less prone to hardware problems. In most cases having an extended warranty would help you if you getca higher resale value if you decided to sell the ipad earlier to say upgrade

Regard gps being shaky that is unusual

Can you describe the problem please

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for answering my question, the two posters after me. I went to Apple FAQ and found the same answer. But after reading people's comments, I won't be getting Apple Care unless I feel I need it a) for Christmas b) for my birthday in May or c) around July of next year bc that'll be when my year is about up. Most likely I will buy it just to ensure that extra year of protection, but not for awhile. I just can't swing the extra cash right now!

Most reactions

Latest posts