What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the new iPad Help section!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you are using the same Apple ID - once you have downloaded the iBooks app, go back to the book store (from within the app). Find the books you already purchased and you should see a "download" button versus a Buy button. Just press that button and the books should download to your new iPad, no re-purchase necessary.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

afro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey im having trouble with my ipad. could you please help? so i got an ipad and it worked fine when i bought it from my friend but it died the next day then i put it on the charger and it was charging fine but when it turned on it wasnt charging or getting recognized. then i put it in recovery mode and still nothing, i cant find it anywhere on my computer.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
afro said:
hey im having trouble with my ipad. could you please help? so i got an ipad and it worked fine when i bought it from my friend but it died the next day then i put it on the charger and it was charging fine but when it turned on it wasnt charging or getting recognized. then i put it in recovery mode and still nothing, i cant find it anywhere on my computer.

iPads often don't charge via USB - especially the New iPad. Sometimes it charges slowly via USB. It is best to charge an iPad using electrical outlets.

appsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you don't have a case problem.

The cool thing about Apple is their customer support. Use the Express Support and they can help you resolve this.

Sometimes double entry could make this happen as well as upper/lower case.

halek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am relatively new to the iPad and only found your forum a couple of days ago.
What I really need now are instructions on the forum itself.
Sample questions;
How do you select a portion of a item to quote?
Some description of the use of the items at the bottom of the screen.
If you enter a reply, must you subscribe to it or is that only a help to find it again.

BTW in my scanning of the forum, it seems that there should be a picture somewhere to show the proper location of the iPad. The item I am referring to talked about controls in the upper right corner. In my use there are no controls there, my " home button" is on the right middle.

Also, although this may not be the proper forum. I use shortcut keys to enter my email addresses. That includes a space at the end of them and many locations respond "invalid address" unless I go back to remove the space. Is there a way to eliminate the space?

Thanks for any help!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
halek said:
I am relatively new to the iPad and only found your forum a couple of days ago.
What I really need now are instructions on the forum itself.
Sample questions;
How do you select a portion of a item to quote?
Some description of the use of the items at the bottom of the screen.
If you enter a reply, must you subscribe to it or is that only a help to find it again.

BTW in my scanning of the forum, it seems that there should be a picture somewhere to show the proper location of the iPad. The item I am referring to talked about controls in the upper right corner. In my use there are no controls there, my " home button" is on the right middle.

Also, although this may not be the proper forum. I use shortcut keys to enter my email addresses. That includes a space at the end of them and many locations respond "invalid address" unless I go back to remove the space. Is there a way to eliminate the space?

Thanks for any help!

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Are you using the app or the site, as you speak about the bottom of the screen I would assume the app...please correct me if I'm wrong here.

To select a portion of a post to quote, go to the post you want to quote and you will see a blue arrow on the right, press this and you will see a quote tab press this and it will load that post. If you only want a portion of it, delete what you don't want. Make sure that the word Quote is left in at the top and bottom of this, write your post and then hit send. The quote should be in blue.

The headings at the bottom will take you to different threads, Current is all threads that are being discussed now. Search is obvious I hope. Pressing the Forums button will take you to different Forums, press the Discussions tab and this will take you to most of the Forums we have. If you do post in a thread you will be automatically subscribed to it. You can elect to unsubscribe if you wish. If you hit the Subscribed tab this will show all the threads you have subscribed to, you can just swipe on them to bring up the delete tab if you wish.

When speaking of the iPad and it's controls it is customary to be holding it in portrait mode. So your home button will be at the bottom in the middle.

To edit shortcut keys, you can just go back to your shortcut in settings and take out the space you have there.

I hope this helps you. Enjoy!

halek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your rapid response!
I was as you surmised I was using the app. But has some further complications.
Right now I clicked on your response and then on reply. The current screen is labeled New Reply at the top but no items at the bottom. Before I hit the reply, when I hit the blue arrow at the top it highlighted the portion of your reply where you quoted my question. I did not see how I could move or alter the selected part.

As concerns my shortcuts, I had attempted several times editing the shortcuts, but the space is not in the characters that I entered. Apparently the space is added by the pad similar to the way it does if it offers a correction or word completion.

I should probably note that I am a long time PC user and am not completely up on some of the iPad idiosyncrasies, like always deleting as a backspace and some of the finer points. At times I love the sensitivity of the screen but it often does things that I did not intend.

I originally got to your app when I was trying to search using Google and got too the site which had me completely buffaloed but I noted the app and thought that it was what I needed to move around in a forum.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
halek said:
Thanks for your rapid response!
I was as you surmised I was using the app. But has some further complications.
Right now I clicked on your response and then on reply. The current screen is labeled New Reply at the top but no items at the bottom. Before I hit the reply, when I hit the blue arrow at the top it highlighted the portion of your reply where you quoted my question. I did not see how I could move or alter the selected part.

As concerns my shortcuts, I had attempted several times editing the shortcuts, but the space is not in the characters that I entered. Apparently the space is added by the pad similar to the way it does if it offers a correction or word completion.

I should probably note that I am a long time PC user and am not completely up on some of the iPad idiosyncrasies, like always deleting as a backspace and some of the finer points. At times I love the sensitivity of the screen but it often does things that I did not intend.

I originally got to your app when I was trying to search using Google and got too the site which had me completely buffaloed but I noted the app and thought that it was what I needed to move around in a forum.

I'm not sure if this answers your question but check out this little pictorial guide (note, touch the images to expand them to view).......

image-3900486078.jpg

image-1730100822.jpg

image-2415679178.jpg

image-597606518.jpg

image-761004563.jpg

image-4036019085.jpg

image-926620089.jpg

The Archangel

halek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I'm not sure if this answers your question but check out this little pictorial guide (note, touch the images to expand them to view).......

The Archangel

Again thanks for your response and the pics.
It seems that you may have constructed them just for to your response to me. Hopefully this reply will demonstrate that they were effective.
Those type of details are what I was hoping to find somewhere as instructions for the app. I would sure think that you should collect those somehow to use when the next newby comes along. A comment however,certainly not as criticism but to be helpful. When I was viewing the pics the fact that I was now on the reply page was obscured by the screen # at the top.

Is your app constructed to help people who are less skilled to do some of the things like quoting that they might not be able to do on the site? It looks like the same info is available both places.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gab's Skitches are wonderful aren't they?

The screen being obscured as you say, if I am understanding you correctly, is just how the iPad operates when viewing and you will notice it in many apps, the screen heading disappears and you just tap the top of the screen for it to reappear.

The app does have the same info as the site, they are one and the same, although the app is a much simpler platform to navigate. But there are certain tasks that can only be done on the site, such as your profile and user settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts