What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the new iPad Help section!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
halek said:
Again thanks for your response and the pics.
It seems that you may have constructed them just for to your response to me. Hopefully this reply will demonstrate that they were effective.
Those type of details are what I was hoping to find somewhere as instructions for the app. I would sure think that you should collect those somehow to use when the next newby comes along. A comment however,certainly not as criticism but to be helpful. When I was viewing the pics the fact that I was now on the reply page was obscured by the screen # at the top.

Is your app constructed to help people who are less skilled to do some of the things like quoting that they might not be able to do on the site? It looks like the same info is available both places.

They were indeed made for you.....the IPF personal service, but in the spirit of sustainability, if I can re-use them again then I will. I'm glad that they helped you.

The Archangel

Rojer Fredrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad repair services

Hello everyone can anyone help me out there my ipad screen is crashed ?....

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
maggiefux said:
I need to change apple id so i can share apps with my husbands ipad

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure exactly what you want here...does your husband already have an account he is using to buy apps?
You can just go into Settings - App store you will see your ID at the bottom, press this and select Sign Out. Once signed out the page will change and you can then press Sign In at the top and select Use Existing Account and just input your husbands ID.

Let us know if this is what you wanted.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

maggiefux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

I'm not sure exactly what you want here...does your husband already have an account he is using to buy apps?
You can just go into Settings - App store you will see your ID at the bottom, press this and select Sign Out. Once signed out the page will change and you can then press Sign In at the top and select Use Existing Account and just input your husbands ID.

Let us know if this is what you wanted.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Tks leelai! I guess this way whatever I buy will also be available on his ipad as well? However I was thinking more of changing id permanently to avoid these steps....

maggiefux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leelai is there any way that we share apps already bot under different ids?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
maggiefux said:
Leelai is there any way that we share apps already bot under different ids?

Once you have the specific ID signed in just go to the App store and look at the apps under the purchased tab.....this will list all the apps bought under the ID, just download them to your iPad. You can even select the 'Not on this iPad' option at the top if there's a lot and you don't want to wade through them all. When updates become available you will get a message box asking for the relevant password for the ID they were purchased under, so there's no need to sign in and out of ID's for this.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Suissejas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all - I have this problem . - working away fine and the machine goes to white logo and then start page. Happens regularly and from what I can see when one goes into safari ( that is an observation I have made)
Initially I presumed it was hardware related so I went to the local Apple store where I purchased the unit (Geneva) and after some discussion they replaced my unit with a new one ( points to Apple here for being so understanding given it was just out of warranty.) once I had this unit home and I applied the latest update (6.0.1) the problem reappeared again on a basic unit ie. no restore done of any of my apps. Once again I returned to Apple and they again replaced the unit with a new one. I then used this unit WITHOUT applying the latest update and hey presto no problems....guess what folks - after then applying the update ( once again a machine with no apps of mine present - complete vanilla..) the problem reappeared. What does this tell us? It does not appear to be a connection between wifi router at home as I have replicated the problem in the Apple store for them to see so we can rule that out. The only connection I can see is the latest update but the guys at the store will not have any of this - they are Apple employees so one can forgive them for not bagging their own product.!!. If anyone can offer some help I would appreciate it as it is driving me literally nuts !!! Cheers Jeff

Suissejas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Continuing on from the above , I have done all the resets etc that people tell me but to no avail. I am IT literate so I am aware of what I am doing. What I really need to do is to revert to OS 6.0 in order to prove myself correct. Any way to do this ? The Apple people in the shop tell me no....really ??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, unfortunately, you cannot downgrade your iPad to iOS 6.0. Sorry.

You did not say how you were loading the iOS 6.0.1 - as an over-the-air update or via iTunes. Whichever way you did, may I suggest you restore the iOS 6.0.1 using iTunes. But, this time, try getting the iOS firmware from this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=24939

What I'm hoping might be the case is that you are getting a "bad copy" of the iOS. So, getting the iOS from a different place and then manually foing the install/restore may help. Just don't use the Internet Explorer browser to get the file (.IPSW). It tends to download them funny...

Once you have the file, put your iPad into DFU mode (tutorial here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=27489) with iTunes closed. Then, once the iPad is in DFU mode, open iTunes. It should recognize that the iPad needs restoring. Accept the prompts and when you see the "Restore" button on the main summary page, hold the shift key (option key on a Mac) and then click on that button. A browser window will open and you can point iTunes at the IPSW file you just downloaded. iTunes will do its magic and hopefully, you'll end up with an iPad running on iOS 6.0.1 with no issues.

Good luck and holler back if you have more questions (or to tell us it worked).

Marilyn

tricialouise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I am currently having a problem with my iPad. I bought three free apps from the App Store but the apps is forever installing. the apps are still on "waiting" icon. I tried deleting it but "x" doesn't appear every time. What I should do? I restarted my device, and it is still there. I tried rebooting and resetting my settings, but won't work. Thank you. I hope you can suggest something.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tricialouise said:
Hello. I am currently having a problem with my iPad. I bought three free apps from the App Store but the apps is forever installing. the apps are still on "waiting" icon. I tried deleting it but "x" doesn't appear every time. What I should do? I restarted my device, and it is still there. I tried rebooting and resetting my settings, but won't work. Thank you. I hope you can suggest something.

Sometimes just tapping on these will get them moving again.....tap once and it may then say Paused...tap again and then it should say loading. You may need to wait a couple of seconds between your taps though.

If this does not help.....have you done any downloads in the iTunes app? It's not a good idea to be downloading from both these apps at the same time as this may 'hang' them. Have a look and see if you have any downloads pending, if you have just swipe it and a delete tab will show, press to delete. You will only see a Downloads tab if there are any pending.

Hope this helps you.

louisapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lithium ion batteries can be charged any time for any duration without after effect or memory effect. Rest assured. I plug anything as soon as I don't use it.

Hi
I have an iPad 3 and it will not charge although l have disabled all apps and battery charge indicator is on. I left it charging all night it was on 20pc now down to 10pc. Please advise.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
I have an iPad 3 and it will not charge although l have disabled all apps and battery charge indicator is on. I left it charging all night it was on 20pc now down to 10pc. Please advise.

Are you plugging your iPad directly to a power outlet? And are you using the charger which was supplied with your iPad? It seems very strange that it has used more charge when charging, I presume it's in sleep mode overnight. I'm wondering what is using this charge then.

Do you have many notifications coming in overnight? The mail app depending on how you have it set up can use battery even when not using the iPad.. And are you on wifi as opposed to 3G/4G.

louisapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you plugging your iPad directly to a power outlet? And are you using the charger which was supplied with your iPad? It seems very strange that it has used more charge when charging, I presume it's in sleep mode overnight. I'm wondering what is using this charge then.

Do you have many notifications coming in overnight? The mail app depending on how you have it set up can use battery even when not using the iPad.. And are you on wifi as opposed to 3G/4G.

Hi
Thanks for your quick reply.
I now think it must be a problem with my charger which I replaced here in Malaysia. I was told it was an original Apple charger but perhaps not, although as it shows the charger indicator on I assumed it to be working correctly.

Most reactions

Latest posts