What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to our original ipad owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

unzoosin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here it is if not for the ipad 1 not 2 or 3 but the original ipad, there wouldn't be ipad 2 or the soon to be ipad 3 yeah? So i say i'd stick with the ipad & besides it's the "only" one i have! Lol so here's to ipad!
:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

padibus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum with a 64k iPad wifi using a E5 Huawei with rechargeable SIMcard as hotspot when traveling. Home base is a small village in SW Germany. Don't really need a camera since I use my iPhone 4s for FaceTime and Skype. So much for now.

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah you're right! What I love about my ipad1 is the feel of the device compared to the ipad2. I like the added weight and thickness, makes it feel a bit more sturdy. What about you folks?

Agree totally. I have original iPad and also have an Otterbox Defender case - which probably about doubles the weight. However the heft of the thing in hand or if I am extended viewing or reading the built in stand works a treat. Psychologoically as well as its overall robust and feels it I worry less about it being damaged :). The much thinner iPad2 and what may come next in a similar vein would probably leave me feeling less 'secure' albeit I am sure they are just as robust ;).

SquiderDragon

C

Choklitdaddy

I love my original iPad. I've got music, movies, e-books; Pocket Piano, a recording app and a couple of painting/drawing apps. I'm almost never without it. Even a few minutes of down-time waiting on line or something, there's always something to do. No matter what iPad 3 has to offer, I'll probably keep this iPad until it just stops working (and since I have a three-year-old iPod Touch that still works like new, I don't expect that to happen anytime soon).

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True! This iPad original isn't leaving our house anytime soon or at all! If I get a new one, this one will go to hubby or eldest daughter. She definitely has her eye on it for college work.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

dereckalex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
By popular demand we have added a dedicated ipad 1 forum. Please be free to post specific discussions that concern the original iPad only.

Enjoy

Thanks anybody having issues with email via an exchange server

hunterjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, bOOBie :

I have a Cracked Comic book, with that same picture on it.

Are you looking for one to buy?

Just a thought, not trying to me funny or anything, for real.

Thought somebody would like it and it is just sitting around here. I also have with it a Saturday Night Live book as well.:thumbs:

hunterjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Pad 1 has an issue that if the battery is not charging, then it will not restore as well?
I keep ending up with the error 28 popping up and it will not complete the restore.

It was dropped and after i put a new screen in it, all looked ok and no other damage, BUT the battery sign will not complete to full and stays in the bolt battery sign.

It keeps showing the itunew/cord, but then it acts like it will go into restore, it beeps and so on, with little apple showing and then a circle of twisting/thinking and then a little rectangular 4 inch bar,w/nothing in it, then it goes back to the itunes and the computer says again, will not ,failed error code (28) and so BAM ! there is something odd going on.

I thought do to the lack of the 25% percent battery power i hear is needed, the unit will not go any further.

If this makes ANY sense to anybody that can help, Please let me know.

I did want to know if anybody knows about the Battery problem, that might be the case of restore issue?

Best to you all !
Newbee looking for some help !

Mdhaught

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The would not recognize to sync or restore on my pad drove me insane. I had a mac mini in the box and hadnt taken it out of the box for 4 months.. Got tired of the PC and hooked up the mac mini.. Has worked like a charm since.
Power issues, might be the power cord. Had that happen before.

Yes i am old skool..lol
I am an original ipad user.

Apps i like Azul.

Microsoft exchange.. Works ok, not great but ok.

I like my ipad ORIGINAL ...
Wish the III was as thick as this one.. II , i didnt like it as much as it reminded me of an iphone 3...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coming up to my iPads 2nd anniversary. It is still working great. I'd love an iPad 3 but no money. I'll never sell this little piece of magic.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coming up to my iPads 2nd anniversary. It is still working great. I'd love an iPad 3 but no money. I'll never sell this little piece of magic.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

I plan to keep using my iPad 1 indefinitely in tandem with my iPad 2. Still happy with both, especially since iOS 5.1 eliminated the daily RAM-related crashes I was having on iOS 5 and 5.0.1.

I can afford a new iPad, but don't find the new model compelling. I'm curious what else Apple will introduce this year. If a 7" or 8" iPad emerges, I'll buy.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I shall never give up my iPad original. This daily companion has changed my life in many ways. It is the first technology that has functioned flawlessly. The only time I have had any trouble has been my own doing--upgrading its OS. It was a truly bad day when I had to keep my iPad home, connected to my laptop, working on upgrading iOS5.01.

Califkate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amen. Flawless. When I got my ip1 I couldn't believe how quick I was up and running. I love this thing. I hardly use the desktop
PC and when I do I end up crying with frustrations. Once I figure how I can do my genealogy on the iPad the WAY I want to I'll be PC free!!!!! Thank you all for this forum; I've learned soooo much in less than a day.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Totally agree with you MattIM
Updates caused mega problems for me and to be quite honest with you, the iCloud sync to my laptop is a fail. I still land up synching via cord. I think that's more to do with my crappy Toshiba than Apple. This magic baby has been the highlight of my life, no lies. Maximum 6 hours+ a day. I love this thing.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts