What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to our original ipad owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I spend hours I shouldn't on my iPad. I'm glad Apple has continued updating the software, because I need folders, but so far the iPad 2 has not caused me to go new. Maybe the 3 will! I have an Eye-Fi card in my camera, so for now don't need a camera on my iPad. I'm a long time computer user (from the 1960's) and have had only laptops (Mac and pc) for a while, but the original iPad is my obsession now.

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had my original a year yet. Before 2 came out you could find covers etc all over for them. Now the original seems to be forgotten when you go to the iPad accessories section. I realize that a person can go on line but guess we have become almost antiques. I still love my pad

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You go guys, we are the misfits, the geeks, the... Okay, okay, we had faith in these things. Everyone around us said it wouldn't work but we took the plunge and they are the best things since sliced bread. Yeah, we are slower and heavier and have no multi gestures(grrr) but we love our paddys. I'm not missing having the iPad 2 but like you, Marie, that iPad 3 is looking mighty fine right now. Besides this ole iPad is going nowhere, it's a classic, an original and it's mine! Its staying in the family, no matter what!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I thought you had the iPad 2? No? Oh wow!

grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EiPad 1 Rules!   ( until we get the 3 )%5E_%5E.gif

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, hell, yeah! I got this one for my birthday last year. Today in fact! 45 years young! That's me! I love it more than I did. It was like an early Xmas present waiting for that postman to arrive! I still remember it clearly now! It's definitely my favourite all time present ever! Hubby gave it to me! I love him!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
larjan said:
I haven't had my original a year yet. Before 2 came out you could find covers etc all over for them. Now the original seems to be forgotten when you go to the iPad accessories section. I realize that a person can go on line but guess we have become almost antiques. I still love my pad

I got my case at Tuesday Morning and I've seen some at Bed Bath and Beyond. Maybe other non-electronics dealers have 1s as well.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the new forum for us "classic" iPad owners! I personally prefer the solid, balanced feel of the original, truly a classic design.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1 and 2, and I like each for different reasons. I still use both interchangeably, often at the same time as well (like I'll watch Netflix on one and surf on the other).

I've found the iPad 1's SIM slot much smoother to open, because the iPad 2's curved design makes for a tighter fit, at least on my iPad 2. (I switch my SIM card between iPad 1 and 2, depending on which is more charged up if I take one on the go.)

My iPad 1 also is going strong, despite my having dropped it on a corner on a tiled floor and having dinged it. And I've had it since iPad 1 3G's debut day, and have used it extensively. Meanwhile, my iPad 2 has already developed two dead pixels (the white kind).

I don't find my iPad 1 limiting at all, because multi-gestures isn't a feature I use, even on iPad 2.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got multi gestures fellow iPad 1 owners. Anyone else update to the IOS 5.01?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dumb question but how do I check to see if I have multi gestures. How do I use them if I do?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go onto settings - general and near the bottom there should be a multi gestures button click on and the instructions are right underneath. Don't forget to use all the fingers!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you on IOS 5.0.1? Go into settings - general - software updates and check which one you have?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the update info this afternoon. First time I was notified that it was available. No have it and it is wear you said it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts