What's new

Web link that won't go away?? 5th Gen/IOS 16.7.7

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
360
Reaction score
81
Location
South Jersey
Hello all,
I have an issue with a web site address that won't go away.
It appeared directly under the Google URL bar after I visited Arkansas Senator John Boozman's web site as I looked up military reserve information.
It says "Reserve Co...he Boozman". Very small letters but annoying.
Any "deleting" info much appreciated.
Thanks!! Ken
 
Hello all,
I have an issue with a web site address that won't go away.
It appeared directly under the Google URL bar after I visited Arkansas Senator John Boozman's web site as I looked up military reserve information.
It says "Reserve Co...he Boozman". Very small letters but annoying.
Any "deleting" info much appreciated.
Thanks!! Ken
Could you perhaps post a screenshot ?
 
Hi Jupiter7,
I tried attaching a screenshot. Hope it worked.
Thanks.....Ken
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3376.webp
    IMG_3376.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 125
In Settings there is an option to turn off Search Hint. Maybe turning this off would fix the problem.
No idea where "search hint" is? Not in Safari. Put it in the search field at the top of "settings" and nothing.
 
Looks like you have the Favorites Bar turned on in Settings > Safari. You can either turn it off, or go into your your Bookmarks and delete the saved bookmark in Favorites.

Favorites are int he Favorites folder by default, but can be set to a different folder in settings.

IMG_0202.webp
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom