What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-Mails at bottom of screen??

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all,
This is a 5th gen IPAD with IOS 15.2.
When I open the e-mail ICON, a series of small e-mails appear across the bottom of the e-mail screen??
If I open a regular e-mail, they all go away.
Annoying!
Started with 15.2.
Anyone know how to stop this??
Thanks!! .Ken

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello all,
This is a 5th gen IPAD with IOS 15.2.
When I open the e-mail ICON, a series of small e-mails appear across the bottom of the e-mail screen??
If I open a regular e-mail, they all go away.
Annoying!
Started with 15.2.
Anyone know how to stop this??
Thanks!! .Ken
The purpose of these thumbnails is for enabling viewing them in split screen mode. I don’t think you can change this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can get rid of them by flicking them up. They won’t reappear unless you do something that causes more than one email view to be active at the same time. They are there to make it easy to quickly switch between different open emails.

Safari and many other apps have the same feature. If the icons go away and you want to see them again, tap the three dots at the top of the screen. You’ll see the multitask options at the top, and any open view at the bottom.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet,
Yes, they all disappear when I open an e mail or something else. No problem there.
Just initially annoying on opening the e-mail icon.
Ken

Most reactions