What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web browser and smb client

Jbestor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an app that is a web browser but also allows me to push downloaded files to an smb share. I specifically am looking to connect from the iPad to a file share to upload a file to that share and also have a browser that has bookmarks and possibly tabs.
Thanks for any help

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking for an app that is a web browser but also allows me to push downloaded files to an smb share. I specifically am looking to connect from the iPad to a file share to upload a file to that share and also have a browser that has bookmarks and possibly tabs.
Thanks for any help

Atomic browser has tabs, multi-gesture tab switching, download manager & dropbox support. Create a dropbox account. Then install dropbox software(free) on all the pcs you wish to share info with.

Hope that's what you were looking for...

OP
J

Jbestor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that Atomic and iCab browsers both have dropbox support. I was hoping to push direct but I guess dropbox is an ok solution.

Does anyone have any experience with both the Atomic and iCab browsers? They are both pay apps (.99 vs 1.99), iCab does not have lite or free versions.

Thanks

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't speak of icab but others may. I use AB as default browser. I download renders from deviant art that are in zip format which AB can unzip but it can't do rar files. I use ifile for that. Icab may do rar files not sure. AB also has "private" mode.
Not sure what else you want know....
Best browser for a buck...imho...

Last edited:
OP
J

Jbestor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Can't speak of icab but others may. I use AB as default browser. I download renders from deviant art that are in zip format which AB can unzip but it can't do rar files. I use ifile for that. Icab may do rar files not sure. AB also has "private" mode.
Not sure what else you want know....
Best browser for a buck...imho...

I ended up buying both. I actually like iCab better. I had some problems with AB and php download scripts. I send files to dropbox and then use Super Flexible File Sync on windows to move the files into a folder on the PC and delete them from dropbox.
Thanks for your help

Most reactions

Latest posts