What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WARNING!!!! TWCCable App and Jailbreaking

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Attachments

• image-1164287682.png
    image-1164287682.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 506
Last edited by a moderator:

sfarringto1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember they did things with iBooks a while back too but that got fixed fast. I would bet there will be a patch for that as well at some point

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, this story has been covered elsewhere. The TWCCable blocks JB devices.

You either get the previous version, maybe off your iTunes?
OR live without the app,
OR live without the jailbreak...

It will be interesting to see how things progress... I see you found a fix already!

Can I ask you to change the title to be specific to this app only please. It is the only one affected and the title will scaremonger unnecessarily.

Last edited:
OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, this story has been covered elsewhere. The TWCCable blocks JB devices.

You either get the previous version, maybe off your iTunes?
OR live without the app,
OR live without the jailbreak...

It will be interesting to see how things progress... I'm sure there will be a fix. There always is in these cat and mouse games.

Can I ask you to change the title to be specific to this app only please. It is the only one affected and the title will scaremonger unnecessarily.

There is a fix, read my previous post.
And why change the title when this could be an impending problem for all apps?

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Because you were asked to, Grayson, by an adult Moderator of this forum. Do it or I will.

Got it?

End of discussion.

Go ahead and change it if you want to. I am too lazy to open safari. :D

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've changed the name of this thread to - WARNING!!!! TWCCable App and Jailbreaking

A fix package has now been posted in Cydia via BigBoss and is called "FakeTimeWarner (FTW)" which may be more convenient than manually installing a deb file for some ;)

If you are a user of this app and are jailbroken, make sure you search for this package in Cydia and install it!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that, Leigh.

Saved me some homework about downloading and installing .deb files. Now, granted, I need to learn how to do that, still - but just not today.

Marilyn

p3iii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. My TWC TV is working again after the fix. This post should be posted to my earlier post related to TWC TV post

FahQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well now that it's sorted out, let me ask everyone this: Is the TWC app even worth all the hassle??? I've read mixed reviews about it's usefulness?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
p3iii said:
Thank you. My TWC TV is working again after the fix. This post should be posted to my earlier post related to TWC TV post

Yes, I did point out tot he OP that the subject had been covered. I have posted a link pointing here in your thread and closed it to avoid further fragmentation. Hope that is OK? Thanks.

p3iii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that the BigBoss patch has been applied, itis a 3 star app. Thank you BigBoss! I use TWC TV yo watch shows in areas of my home that do not have television or in bed in the middle of the night.. Personal TV!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts