What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vpn

pegg12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best vpn for the ipad while at a hotspot?

I would love your thoughts.
Thanks,
pegg12:)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yeah, are you trying to setup a VPN or just connect to an existing VPN. if you want to connect to an existing VPN you can set it up in settings > network > VPN.

OP
P

pegg12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies.

I want to use my ipad at hotspots while traveling. I had a subscription for hotspot vpn for my computer. I have been reading that ipad will only accept pptp which is not all that secure. Just wondering what everyone else is using when at a public hotspot. Any more thoughts?:confused:

pegg12

OP
P

pegg12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you frostyfire and hasty

Hasty I will check out that web site thankyou.

frostyfire how much does cisco ipsec cost for ipad?

thank you
pegg12

jcwhit1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about DNS?

The built in VPN works fine but does not resolve DNS addresses on the private network... is that a VPN setting issue or a known issue with the built in VPN client?

KartFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar issue but VNC is no use to me as I want to use my networked NAS drive.

Choosing a home router is a real minefield, DD-WRT is recommended often but there is a dizzying array of options and generally the software outperforms the hardware - e.g. the VPN might work but your wireless speed will be horribly slow.

I think I'm accepting I'll have to spend more than I'd previously considered for ease of use and reliability, therefore does anyone have any personal recommendations on a good home router with endpoint / termination functionality for VPN?

Thank you

SteveHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a site called hidepad.com, they charge $8.99/month, but it was really easy to setup and I haven't had any issues yet. I also found them on Facebook, where they're running an iPad (64GB with Wi-Fi + 3G) giveaway. I entered. :)

tonyg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aplus VPN is the best for ipad and iphone

I am using AplusVPN for my ipad and iphone both. They offer PPTP VPN that is very fast, reliable and has unlimited bandwidth. Pricing is the best among all other competirs in this category. I have been using them for a few months now and would highly recommend.

Matt567

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FrostyFire said:
The iPad does Cisco IPSec just fine.

I'm really struggling to find out what goes in the "secret" field. Apparently it's a password used when the iPad was set up, however, I have no recollection of doing this?

Can anyone help?

oibaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe Baby!

Maybe vpnswiss.com could be the right vpn that you are looking for! I use it manly for watching hulu and netflix from switzerland... but, its also great to protect yourself! was easy to install and works fine... so far!

keep cool!

regards
oibaf

Most reactions

Latest posts