What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vpn

fastonnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best vpn for ipad 2

Hello pegg12, I use https://www.boxpn.com vpn service for ipad 2. It works flawless. I just turn on vpn, on my ipad and it just connects in 2-3 seconds.

I mostly use www.boxpn.com vpn in US for my hotspot security but I also use it in Europe to watch contents like Netflix via vpn on my trips. I suggest boxpn.

fastonnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies.

I want to use my ipad at hotspots while traveling. I had a subscription for hotspot vpn for my computer. I have been reading that ipad will only accept pptp which is not all that secure. Just wondering what everyone else is using when at a public hotspot. Any more thoughts?:confused:

pegg12

Hello Pegg12,

Yes PPTP is not a very secure protocol but it's the fasted vpn protocol. In order to get the hightest security on iPhone or iPad you should be using L2TP protocol. iOS 5 supports L2TP properly properly. I use boxpn (www.boxpn.com) for my vpn service you can get in touch with them and ask for L2TP setup instructions, but probably other vpn providers can provide the same security level.

Here you can also find iOS vpn setup instructions : https://www.boxpn.com/setupios.aspx

Y
ou just need to select L2TP on STEP 6 at the top sections and enter a passphrase key which will be provided to you by your vpn service provider.

Hope this helps.

madelinemadan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Guess PureVPN is the best vpn service provider for iOS. recently they launched their App which you can find on iTunes

Most reactions

Latest posts