What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video recording ipad 3 app

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi! I know that my iPad can record video, but is there an app out there that can do a better job? I'm a golf coach and use my iPad for video lessons. Looking for an app that can record in good quality.
Thanx

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scotland66 said:
hi! I know that my iPad can record video, but is there an app out there that can do a better job? I'm a golf coach and use my iPad for video lessons. Looking for an app that can record in good quality.
Thanx

I don't know of an app, but your post Interested me. I am a physical therapist here in the States and ran a Golf Fitness Clinic with a few Golf Instructors in the area. This was way before iPads were even here. What was available were very expensive digitized software programs to assess spine angle, rotation with backswing and follow through, etc.

It was funny thinking back now how we managed to film our clients with video cams and still shots! it worked, but was so cumbersome.

I'd be interested what we find from other members here-there's always an app for something!

Skimonkey

OP
scotland66

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeh, I have a fantastic app to analyse the recorded swings, and am able to draw over spine angles, head position and soforth... Just wasn't so happy with the quality of video taken, but I know this is not so easy with the speed of the golf swing.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What app are you currently using, just curious?

Great to see that there is an app for looking at the amount of angle and rotation observed-our clients loved that. What would be nice if we could see an app developed that shows only a musculoskeletal formation during a swing analysis. For us, that would have been very helpful, since we targeted muscular areas of what was tight/weak or limited with range.

OP
scotland66

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am using "V1 Golf" it's great to compare swings even overlays

OP
scotland66

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure I've seen a musculoskeletal app out there for golf!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanx

I am not understanding your question. The built in app in the camera can record in 1080p in as good a quality as you can get on the iPad. Are you saying you need some more features?

OP
scotland66

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I am not understanding your question. The built in app in the camera can record in 1080p in as good a quality as you can get on the iPad. Are you saying you need some more features?

Hi! Maybe it's just me but the quality seemed bad, was definatly a long way from Hd, but maybe it's to do with shutter speed which cannot catch the golf swing.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi! Maybe it's just me but the quality seemed bad, was definatly a long way from Hd, but maybe it's to do with shutter speed which cannot catch the golf swing.

Perhaps so....someone posted some 1080p vid from the iPad 3. It was a jet landing on a runway...it looked pretty good...but it may have limits for really fast moving swings and stuff.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
developers don not have direct access to the camera, any video recorded will be the same as from the built in camera app. The only thing apps can do is apply filtering to the image/video after it has been captured by the same process that the built in app captures.

in short, better quality isn't really possible from 3rd party app.

OP
scotland66

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
developers don not have direct access to the camera, any video recorded will be the same as from the built in camera app. The only thing apps can do is apply filtering to the image/video after it has been captured by the same process that the built in app captures.

in short, better quality isn't really possible from 3rd party app.

Ok, many thanks for the info

ipadshooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several great apps for controlling the image that is captured when recording to the iPad. Head over to iPadShooter to check out the full list of apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts