What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Recording better than pictures?

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just been playing with the camera (on the new iPad) and theres something I've noticed...
Is it just me or is the iPad's video recording function much better quality than the still images are?
For me the images when the video is paused look much sharper and the video itself is very very smooth whereas when I take stills the camera is very jerky.

Cheers

Dan

Larusso45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have not noticed that. I am curious why photo files are 6 times larger than on the ipad2, but video files are only a little bit larger. One thing is for sure, the new camera is great and make the ipad2 look like crap.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have not noticed that. I am curious why photo files are 6 times larger than on the ipad2, but video files are only a little bit larger. One thing is for sure, the new camera is great and make the ipad2 look like crap.

Well, no surprise at all - the iPad 2 back camera is just .7 MP vs. the 5 MP image size of the new iPad (so do the math) - the iPad 2 camera is indeed 'CRAP' as you say, but not a new observation! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts