What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recorded video tv output poor quality

rvrkids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help...I am new to the iPad and apple in general. I chose the new iPad because I liked the fact that it recorded 1080p video. I may have been wrong but I assumed that meant it would output that video to HDTV via hdmi as 1080p. I have the apple video adapter and am mirroring to tv but the quality definitely isn't 1080.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an app that will output hd to tv?

If not I am truly disappointed.

Thanks for any help!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with the other poster. More than likely you are getting 1080p to your TV. But if get the video you took on the iPad is not high quality, it will not look so good. The iPad needs good light to produce good looking video. Try a good 1080p video first before drawing any conclusions. I know for a fact that the iPad 3 can output 1080p vids to an HDTV.

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PavtubeVideo said:
Why are you so sure it's not 1080p?
Which adapter do you use? Use this one : Apple Digital AV Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)
Check if you connected it correctly: http://www.ipadforums.net/pavtube-software-studio/87123-stream-new-ipad-3-ipad-2-movies-photos-hdtv-projector-via-hdmi.html

Download some HD movies to your iPad and see how it looks on HDTV. If it delivers high quality video, it means the iPad's camera is not good enough for your need.

How do u download videos to the iPad help

OP
R

rvrkids

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I do have the adapter shown and just tried to view an iTunes trailer and the quality was better. I guess the video I took just did not have enough light to produce good quality.

Most reactions

Latest posts