What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

very tough time ahead 4 jbers

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know nothing about it,so that was my best stab.

zrb0529

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nah, ASLR is dead before it comes out, these guys are geniuses (the jail break guys)

GeoHot out smarted the best engineers that Sony has, all by himself, and the other jailbreak guys are all really smart too

Antid0te is going to make iOS devices more secure than non-jailbroken ones because it uses ASLR, which is sort of funny, and when they -finally- get around to releasing SHAtter then there's nothing Apple can really do about it

OP
M

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nah, ASLR is dead before it comes out, these guys are geniuses (the jail break guys)

GeoHot out smarted the best engineers that Sony has, all by himself, and the other jailbreak guys are all really smart too

Antid0te is going to make iOS devices more secure than non-jailbroken ones because it uses ASLR, which is sort of funny, and when they -finally- get around to releasing SHAtter then there's nothing Apple can really do about it
But even though jailbreaking has been legalized,still apple kept on patching up,so jailbreakers are already finding it hard nut to break,see the time frame between apples software update and gap in release of jailbreak,which is gradually increasing.:(:p
@Geohotz,nobody can see,what he is up to next, first he said he is off from jailbreaking,then after some months he comes from nowhere with Limera1n,now what next, may be he is after xbox,anyway thats upto him;)
Also chronic dev team tweets that there is no ETA for Greenpois0n release, future does not look that promising for me,still 1am optim1stic:ipad-front:

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Apple kills of jailbreaking then I stop ugrading my iPhone and stay on the JB version I have. This means that soon after the itunes store will not let me make purchases so I stop doing that. In the end it will cost Apple money , I will not shop at app store any more and not buy new iphones.

This is the same borg mentality that almost put Apple out of business before and in the phone arena that are plenty of people to take up the slack.

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, Apple almost went out of business when Steve Jobs left and the new CEO decided that it would be a good idea to allow other 3rd party companies to make hardware that would run their OS. With the company sliding into obscurity, he returned and more or less single-handedly saved Apple and made it into the giant it is today

Keeping a lock down on their own hardware + software means that they control every aspect. Saying that it will cost Apple money when they have sold 10,000,000 apps and still maintain a lockdown on the mp3 worldwide market makes no sense.

Sure, lots of people JB their phones, but thats still only maybe 1 in 25, the other 24 people buy their apps normally.. If people can't Jb their devices anymore, and those people are adamant about not buying new un-lockable hardware, they only lose a small fraction of their customer share

I'm more worried about what Apple's fate will be if/when Steve retires or dies... That could cause Apple to lose its foothold if the new CEO isn't as dedicated towards the ideals as Steve has been.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saying that it will cost Apple money when they have sold 10,000,000 apps and still maintain a lockdown on the mp3 worldwide market makes no sense.
You left off a few zeros... they have sold over 10 BILLION apps! And I just saw a report recently that said that since the introduction of the first iPhone, Apple has sold over 160 million iOS devices.

This sort of gives me the idea that Apple (under Steve Jobs' leadership) pretty much knows what they are doing!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sort of gives me the idea that Apple (under Steve Jobs' leadership) pretty much knows what they are doing!

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

They do good at times....but not forever. They are not infallible you know.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts