What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me upgrade my iOS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, this is my story.
I've been having iOS 3.2 for my iPad 1st gen for over half a year now. I've been having connection issues when I want to use public wifi hotspots, but its working great in my house. I know the deal, as many told me, I had to upgrade my iOS. Here lies the problem. Ive heard that theres no jailbreak for iOS 4.3.2. So I decided to go with iOs 4.3.1. I'm downloading it as I'm typing, its currently at 16%, from an external link which is directed from the apple website (appldnld.apple.com). I have many questions... But before anything, remember, im using a JAILBROKEN iPad:

1.Once I've finished downloading this, what do I do? How exactly will I install it? Should I Shift+Click the update button in iTunes and choose my file? (Btw I'm using iTunes 10.2.2.12). Will it really upgrade my iOS to 4.3.1?

2.Do I have to restore my iPad before updating it? What if it gets bricked? Won't apple actually stop my device from working when they find out that I'm using a jailbreak?

3.Why can't I simply restore my iPad? I mean, not even updating. What if I have a problem with my ipad and I want to restore? because when I do so, it says it will restore AND update, which I do not want to!

4.I've already transferred all my purchases and jailbroken apps to my PC/iTunes. What happens when I try putting em back in once I'm on 4.3.1?
Thanks in advance!:) I really need to know this ASAP as I'm not going to have access to my PC in a very near future.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. You didn't hear that there was no jailbbreak for 4.3.2 on this site, I hope as that is a lie!
Check out all of the stickies in this section. They clearly explain all about jail breaking, how to do it, what tools to use, and where to download files, and there are tutorials too. Do some research, then come back with questions.
I am concerned about your point 4 though and how I might interpret it... iTunes doesn't back up legitimate Cydia jailbroken apps, although settings may be stored on a device backup. Please re-read the hacking section rules and ensure you are not going to stray into a banned subject, for which you will receive no support on these forums, OK?

Once you have read through all the relevant stickies, come back with questions. Start with "Jailbreaking Explained" and "Jailbreaking Methods". They should contain all the info you need.

Last edited:
OP
O

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. You didn't hear that there was no jailbbreak for 4.3.2 on this site, I hope as that is a lie!
Check out all of the stickies in this section. They clearly explain all about jail breaking, how to do it, what tools to use, and where to download files, and there are tutorials too. Do some research, then come back with questions.
I am concerned about your point 4 though and how I might interpret it... iTunes doesn't back up legitimate Cydia jailbroken apps, although settings may be stored on a device backup. Please re-read the hacking section rules and ensure you are not going to stray into a banned subject, for which you will receive no support on these forums, OK?

Once you have read through all the relevant stickies, come back with questions. Start with "Jailbreaking Explained" and "Jailbreaking Methods". They should contain all the info you need.

Thank you, the reason I asked here was because unlike many other people, I do not have the time to read through every guide to find out the answers to my questions. Even right now I'm sending this from my university. I was using another forum before this one, but ipadforums.net is simply better so I decided to come and see if anyone could help me here; which seems like I'll have to do it by myself.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, we are not trying to be unhelpful, but just like you, none of us have the time to provide complete and separate answers to every identical question for every user time and time again. Otherwise the forum would be unmanageable and pretty worthless as a resource.

I believe the two threads I pointed you to + the tutorials will provide every bit of information you need, and if not you should then ask a specific question. I put a lot of work into those personally, with valuable contributions and corrections from many other forum members. I'm sorry if you don't have the time to read them.

Last edited:
OP
O

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, we are not trying to be unhelpful, but just like you, none of us have the time to provide complete and separate answers to every identical question for every user time and time again, each time it is asked. Otherwise the forum would be unmanageable and pretty worthless as a resource.

I believe the two threads I pointed you to + the tutorials will provide every bit of information you need, and if not you should then ask a specific question. I put a lot of work into those personally, with valuable contributions and corrections from many other forum members. I'm sorry if you don't have the time to read them.

Yes, I can't deny the fact that your guides are very well-explained and informative, its my fault that I can hardly find time to go through them. Thanks anyways, you could just close this thread as well.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. Hope you get time to resolve your issues. But go with 4.3.2, it is so much easier at the moment.
Closed.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, we are not trying to be unhelpful, but just like you, none of us have the time to provide complete and separate answers to every identical question for every user time and time again, each time it is asked. Otherwise the forum would be unmanageable and pretty worthless as a resource.

Yes, I can't deny the fact that your guides are very well-explained and informative, its my fault that I can hardly find time to go through them. Thanks anyways, you could just close this thread as well.

It's also worth remembering that all of us are volunteers and none of us are paid and neither is the Forum affiliated in any way with Apple. We all have 'day jobs' and Leigh, in particular, has spent an enormous amount of his spare time putting together what most of us view as the definitive guides to Jail Breaking. He is a very busy guy too and we are all very indebted to him for agreeing to make his very considerable expertise available to Members at no cost.

Tim - a not so busy guy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts