What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon to sell iPhone starting 1/2011

thehatguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.greatthreads.com
Will the iPad be next???

Verizon Wireless reportedly offering Apple iPhone in January - USATODAY.com

Bloomberg News
Verizon Wireless will start selling Apple's iPhone next year, ending AT&T's U.S. exclusive on the phone, say two people familiar with the plans.
The device will be available to customers in January, according to the people, who declined to be named because the information isn't public. Natalie Kerris, an Apple spokeswoman, and Jeffrey Nelson, a Verizon Wireless spokesman, declined to comment. AT&T also declined to comment. USA TODAY was unable to independently verify the reports.
Speculation on a Verizon iPhone has been rampant in the tech blogosphere. If the reports are true, the iPhone, which has been the sole domain of rival AT&T in the U.S. since June 2007, will give Verizon a boost in its smartphone competition, UBS analyst John Hodulik says. Verizon customers, who numbered 92.8 million at the end of the first quarter, may buy 3 million iPhones a quarter, he says.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've heard this same basic story regurgitated for a couple of years now...."sources close" "marketing director's assistant" "Apple has placed orders with CDMA manufacturers", etc. I'm pulling the trigger on the Droid X. Perhaps I will buy an iPhone at full price in January if it supposedly does make it to Verizon, but I'm not going to hold out over and over again. I waited until WWDC to make my decision, and Apple failed at that.

OperatorX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully they will solve the antenna issue since the radios will be different.... It could be a better product.

sweet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All those same sites reported a five year exclusive deal with AT&T. So unless they found a loophole like netflix did with the other consoles, then I'll continue with my i4

Most reactions

Latest posts