What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verizon Will Sell CDMA-Compatible iPads

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Bloomberg Businessweek reports today that hot on the heels of Verizon’s CDMA-network iPhone 4 today, Verizon will also soon be selling an iPad that can directly connect to its CDMA network. In an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek in New York today, Francis Shammo, chief financial officer of Verizon Communications, told Bloomberg that Verizon will embed chips in iPads so that they can be used on the network. Shammo was not able to say when this would happen though.

Currently, Verizon Wireless, which is the biggest mobile phone carrier in the US, is selling iPads bundled with its MiFi Mobile hotspot device, which enables users to join the network, with bundle prices costing from $629.99 to $829.99. The iPad sold by AT&T currently has the advantage over the Verizon version, as it can connect directly to the AT&T network without need of an extra device, but once Verizon starts embedding iPads with the CDMA-enabling chip, AT&T will lose that exclusive status as well.

Source: Verizon to Sell Apple IPad That Connects Directly to Its Network - BusinessWeek

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good idea.. as I'm sure verizon is starting to notice their "mifi" ipad sales are a joke an a half..

realtor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish that they would release a date. I am anxious to purchase the Ipad but our at&t service is horrible. I would hate to buy the IPad now and know that I will have to use the mifi when they may come out with the IPad two in just a couple of months with a verizon chip?

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish that they would release a date. I am anxious to purchase the Ipad but our at&t service is horrible. I would hate to buy the IPad now and know that I will have to use the mifi when they may come out with the IPad two in just a couple of months with a verizon chip?

Get a new vorizon iPhone with mifi built in. February 10 is the launch date.

Most reactions

Latest posts