What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanishing Playlists - Can u recreate this?

icepulse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a call to anyone who either:

A) has seen this problem
B) wants to see if they can recreate it.

I have a 64GB 3G+WiFi iPad, and I was delighted to find that the iPod feature on iPad allows for unlimited playlist creation, right on the device.

Now, I'm finding that when I create a playlist, it ends up disappearing at some point. I tried to narrow the cause down to certain circumstances, and I've found that it seems totally random! I thought it happened when I connected it to iTunes on my Mac, or my work PC, but I can't say it's constant. I'll reboot the Pad, connect to iTunes and it'll still be there.... then, I'll repeat that process and I find it missing!!

Why? I have both my machines set to MANUALLY manage music / vids, and I never am obliged to wipe my iPad if I try to add an album from either machine (the iPad is like the iPod Touch in this cross-machine friendlyness.. UNLIKE the iPhone).

I've noticed this can happen w/o any sync at ALL, to either machine, too.

Any ideas?

canichefutbol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have, and it sucks. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time making a playlist twice now only to find it disappears when I connect to iTunes.

CarrieS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar issue. I thought I isolated the issue-- I need to sync my iPad with my MacBook pro when I buy new music on my iPad. THEN, I can create playlists on my iPad and sync AGAIN. However, that is not always true. Sometimes, I sync once, and all goes well. Sync again, and some of the songs from the new playlists are gone! The only predictable method is to buy music and create playlists on the MacBook pro, then sync with my iPad. But I want to use the iPad to buy music and create playlists!! Help...

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had this problem. (I don't use playlists, lol).

But have you tried creating the playlists on iTunes, and copying them to your iPad?. I know you shouldn't have to, but if it stops your playlists from disappearing, it'd be worth it. :D

pipedesign

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see this is an old thread but I am having the same trouble now in Dec 2012. Anyone out there with a fix?
Anyone know how to copy a playlist from iTunes to an iPad2?
All suggestions appreciated.

Most reactions