What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unwanted Playlist

Dusty Bin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody can help me with this: -

Since recently upgrading my iPad to iOS 8 (8.4.1) I've encountered a few problems - one of which was kindly solved by a member (twerppoet) on here.

Others I have found solutions for by web searches or from previously posted answers on here...but not this one: -

When I attempt to sync my iPad2 with iTunes, after connecting the ipad to my Mac, I click on the iPad tab that appears towards the top right corner of the iTunes window (just under the search box).

I then click on the Movies tab (it's the sixth one along the top after Summary, Info Apps Tones and Music) and because I do not wish all my movies I have on iTunes to be transferred onto my iPad I have unticked the "Automatically include ... movies" box. I tick only the handful of movies I do want on my iPad and then I click on the "Apply" button in the bottom right corner.

It is at this point that, in the "Include Movies from Playlists" box, a new "Recently Added 1" playlist appears which manifests itself already ticked! Immediately a message shows in the colour segmented bar along the base of the iTunes window warning me of "Over Capacity by x number of MB". After this appearing, when I click on the Sync button, I get an error message in a pop-up window in the centre of the screen telling me "The iPad cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library..."

How can I stop this happening, please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you try unticking the the Recently Added playlist, and then re-syncing?

I haven't seen this playlist, but then again I haven't been syncing movies from iTunes. It sounds like a default 'convenience' playlist, so that movies you've recently purchased will alway sync to the iPad. However, it should be optional. Just deselect it, and try again.

If I'm misunderstood the issue, add some more details and I'll take another whack at it. I might have to try and duplicate the issue by syncing some movies myself; which could be a problem since I have very few.

OP
Dusty Bin

Dusty Bin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, twerppoet.

I do have to untick this new playlist in order to get the sync started, but I'm still puzzled by why it's appearing apparently all by itself!

There must be a setting somewhere that I need to switch off, but I can't find it!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the playlist appears in the left column of iTunes you may be able to delete it there. Not the top few. Those are automatic and built in, but the lower ones.

I don't have a Recent Playlist, probably because it's been a long time since I purchased any movies, music, or TV shows off of iTunes. (I have rented a couple movies). So I can't tell if it's a non-deletable, automatic playlist.

Since I don't have any playlists for movies (all of mine are for music) I can't even see a playlist option in the Movies sync settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts