What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unhide Calendar icon

jonbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hid the Calender App using SBSettings when I first set up my iPad 3. Then I did a bunch of other stuff and added a whole bunch of Apps.

Now I want to unhide Calender but SBSettings crashes. It also crashes if I try to update the Dock Apps. It spins for a long time and then just closes.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled SBSettings with no change. I don't think there's anything wrong with SBSettings except I suspect that it's choking on the number of Apps that I have.

But all I need to do at this point is unhide the dang Calender. I have iFile and I have no problem poking around the file system and editing plist's and such.

I'm thinking there must be a plist somewhere that contains settings that controls App visibility but I've searched and googled and can't find it.

This can't be that hard?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try installing Poof! That should help you unhide the app.

Then, you really need to address the problem that is causing SBSettings to crash. You have installed something on there which is not compatible either with your iPad or with IOS 6.1. It is NOT SBSettings which is at fault, but another tweak. The best thing to do is go through them and check. Remove the latest things you installed. RetinaPad may be a culprit, or anything else which messes with iPhone style apps (such as SBSettings), either trying to make them full screen, or retina-ised ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts