What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uhh... Is this a problem? (PICS)

So... Is this a problem?

• OMG. Yes! That's awful!

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No, you idiot, that's normal.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Captain McBad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just noticed that the metal chassis of my iPad has become somewhat detached from the rubber gasket. It's very small though, and I don't know if it's been there the whole time or even if it's normal or not. I've included a pic below. Is this a problem? Thanks guys! :)

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uh, yea, I would say that is definitely not right and that you should take it back to the store right away... (sync it first in case they give you a new one)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
That not normal. Looks to me like it was maybe carried in a backpack or something and got banged around. You could probably snap it back in place but if it was me I would take it in to apple store and see what they say.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it will snap back into place, I'd let it go. If not, seek a replacement.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you believe someone actually answered the poll that it was normal?

(Big fingers on an iPad maybe hitting the wrong button?)

But what worries me is this might be caused by the back being squeezed down, which would press the edges out, hopefully it is just a manufacturing defect and not something they will call damage and not repair.

OP
C

Captain McBad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

Took it into the Apple Store after seeing the poll numbers, and the Genius behind the counter said "Oh yeah, it definitely shouldn't be like that" and he swapped it out for a brand new unit. Guess that closes the book on this saga. Thanks for your help everyone!!! :D

OP
C

Captain McBad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it will snap back into place, I'd let it go. If not, seek a replacement.

Yeah, I did try that, but it had no give whatsoever. Factor that in with the buttons being right there, and it made me quite hesitant to force anything.

Most reactions

Latest posts